Same Actor, Different Names

• Members

Seeing the Locher Room interview with Maree Cheatham reminded me that some actors spell their name differently or use a new name from time to time. While on SFT, her credit was always Marie Cheatham. Per imdb, around 1989/1990 was when she changed the spelling of her first name.

IIRC, the role of Kit Vested on GL was originally credited to Nancy Addison, who changed the spelling to Nanci Addison during her time on GL. I believe she had changed the spelling back to Nancy by the time of Ryan's Hope, and eventually she added Altman.

Some of you probably recall that Nana Visitor got her last name by playing a character called Georgina Visitor on OLTL. Wiki says her name was originally Nana Tucker, but I had the vague impression that she had used Nancy as her first name. I also have a vague recollection that she and Steve Fletcher were a couple around that time, and that he briefly changed his credit to--was it Steve Blizzard or something like that?--before changing it back to Fletcher.

What other actors have been known by more than one name during their soap careers?

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Michael Hawkins  aka Garson di Bramenio  aka Michael Gainsborough.

He suffered from Bi-polar Disorder.

Married to Mari Jo Slater casting director under his birth name Thomas Slater.

Father of Christian Slater.

SEARCH FOR TOMORROW Steve Haskins 1967-68
AS THE WORLD TURNS Dr. Paul Stewart 1968-69   (as Garson)
LOVE IS A MANY SPLENDORED THING Mark Elliott 1970-71
THE DOCTORS Officer Burnett 1974
HOW TO SURVIVE A MARRIAGE Larry Kirby 1975
RYAN'S HOPE Frank Ryan 1975-76

Edited by slick jones

• Members

Nana went by Nana Tucker, her given name, while she was on Ryan's Hope. There she played Nancy Feldman, which may be why you're thinking of the name Nancy. Her OLTL character was Georgina Whitman. The name Visitor came from somewhere in her mother's family. I don't know about a relationship with SF, but while on RH, she was living with co-star Richard Muenz (Joe Novak).

Tyler Christopher (GH) started out as Tyler Baker.

• Members

Speaking of Nikolas, Stephen Martines was known as Coltin Scott when he played Nikolas on GH and then changed it to Martines when he went on to GL

Also, as reviewed in the News from Yesteryear thread, 1984 saw a huge number of last name changes including: Stephan Ferris (Ferrara), Steve Blizzard (Fletcher), Nana Visitor (Tucker), and Charles Flohe (Grant). 

Note that despite their marriage, Kim Delaney was never credited as Kim Flohe (I'm sure she is happy about that decision today). However, YR/OLTL's Andrea Evans was briefly credited as Andrea Evans-Massey during her brief marriage to Wayne Massey, who briefly played Tina's love interest Johnny Drummond.

Edited by j swift

• Members

Oscar winner Ellen Burstyn was on The Doctors under the name Ellen McCrae.

Other actresses that took on a married name were of course Susan Seaforth Hayes, Nancy Pinkerton was later Nancy Pinkerton Peabody.

Melissa Brennan became Melissa Reeves.

In researching Soap Hoppers we found radio and tv actor Jimsey Somers become Jocelyn Somers and appeared on Days under that name.

Michael Dwight Smith (Danny Grant Days) changed his name to something like Hassan Rasheed for a time. I can't find the correct spelling atm  - Jason47? can u help?

Renee Props (Ellie ATWT) also acted under the name Babette Props

• Members

And let's not forget Tracey E Bregman and my personal favorite Tracey Bregman Recht. 

And let's not also forget when Eva Longoria was on Why and Are. She went by Eva Longoria Christopher when she was married to Tyler Christopher. 

I also remember while watching the various 90s credits to As The World Turns that Tamara Tunie briefly went by Tamara Tunie Bouquett. 

Edited by Forever8