DAYS: Something Wicked This Way Comes

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I think it worked for viewers because it was something different and crazy, but at the end of the day it was a love story.   It was about how John would give up his life and soul for Marlena and how many friends and family banned together to save her and the town from evil.  It wasn't camp for the sake of camp.  JER had a clear idea of what he wanted the story to be.  I fear Ron might just go for camp.

It's definitely something I never rewatched and prefer it was not ever brought up, but I understand why RC is willing to give it a shot.  It's getting buzz and it's not like Days is considered a 'serious' soap anyway.   I give him credit for at least having the balls to try it when others did not.

• Members

This!

I enjoyed the earlier parts of the possession a lot more when it was pretty gothic and spooky before it descended into bad costumes and special effects. Remember demonic Isabella lol? . The possession story hadn’t taken over the whole show like it later would in its final months either as at the time I recall Sami “Bobbitizing” Alan actually briefly generated more press than MarDevil. 

That said, Marlena’s possession was briefly revisited by JER himself in 2004 during the SSK story, it doesn’t need to be done again.   Does anyone really want to see 70-something Marlena floating above her bed? If possession had to be done, I’d rather see it occur to someone else. Maybe Chloe? 

• Members

I agree 100% with everything you said.  

The beginning of the Possession was the best part.  I loved all the mysterious vandalism occurring and Marlena's reveal as the Desecrator.  I even liked the seduction of John and MarDevil giving Sami awful advice.  It was good.   But the parts with the morphing of Kristen into a panther and beast Isabella were not good. 

I think the Possession should have been fully revisited in 2004 if necessary.  And no, I do not want to see 70 year old Marlena levitating from a bed and 70 year old John fighting off demons as a non priest. 

I don't think Chloe is important or popular enough to be possessed.  I would think it would be better if it was someone related to Marlena or maybe Nicole?  Popular enough and PriestEric could save her.

All that being said, I'll give it a chance.  I like most Jarlena centric stories so we'll see.  It just is probably  something that had more legs 10 or 15 years ago when the DH's were a bit younger and perhaps a little fresher in people's minds.

• Members

I may be gullible, because I was honestly surprised at the reveal of Marlena both as the Desecrator and the Melaswen Serial Killer. 

However, it is endlessly amusing to me how people in soap towns have such short memories.  I am certain that everyone will first suspect Ben (I assume something evil will befall Ciara), yet Marlena has a much higher kill rate (Alice, Maggie, Jack, Doug, Abe, Tony, and Roman). 

• Members

I thought about Nicole. Haha maybe EJ wants her as his Queen of the Night? LOL. Had Sami stuck around I could easily it happen to her following an attempt for EJ to gaslight her into being faithful to him. 

So true about Jarlena. I had to cringe a bit with Steve-ano stuff and then the Orpheus stuff last year. I did think their material on Beyond Salem was fun but also John(and Shane for that matter lol) still as ISA agents trying to save the world is downright silly even if it’s staying true to Days. It’s a double edged sword.

Personally, if I had to revisit a storyline from the height of the 90’s it would have definitely been either a return to Aremid or a return to the tunnels of Paris just refreshened. The lady in white could be Gwen’s mother, Jake sets up his own death and frames Chad, Tripp becomes the parrotman etc.  Heck Ron could have had a field day in Aremid bringing back Renee, Stefan, Benjy, Megan Hathaway, heck Stefano himself lol as all alive in Aremid. Or maybe he’s saving that for next year.

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by soapfan770

• Members

The more I think about it Nicole works the best.  She, like Marlena, is adrift because she had an affair and her marriage broke up, EJ could become obsessed with her, and her main man was a priest.  She has enough friends to make it work, but Nicole has been morally ambiguous for awhile so it wouldn't be as shocking.

I would love a return to Aremid or Paris.  I vastly preferred both those stories tbh.  I would also think those would be easier to recreate with new characters because it's less closely tied to Marlena/John solely.  Unfortunately, it wouldn't create the buzz this will. 

I still like John/Steve/Shane as ISA agents, and as I said before, I would probably still trust their old asses to save me if I was kidnapped, but we need some new ISA agents.  Paul, Andrew Donovan, Will even are names I heard that sound good to me. 

The whole thing is a double edged sword because I would rather see Jarlena than at least half the cast and it's amazing Days uses it's long times vets as something other than talk-to characters, but this may be too big of a story for them at this point.  

• Members

Fair.  I think the way I wrote the post made it seem like I was advocating for Nicole.  I am not.  I simply think Nicole makes the most sense.  Looking at other female leads we have I can't see anyone tackling it.  None of them can.  That's why I think it will be Marlena.  We have Kayla, Ava, Nicole, Belle, Allie, Chanel, Lani, Gabi, Abby, Gwen and Chloe full time on canvas.  I probably forgot a few.  We have Sami and Kristen going back and forth.  It almost has to be a story with Marlena getting re-possessed, but again we will see.

Maybe Maggie is off screen for so long because she was possessed by the devil and is bringing it to Salem lol

• Members

Maybe we’re all wrong and it is Julie herself who gets possessed?? With Stefano coming back from the dead in a rejuvenated form and new actor (Idk who, Armand Assante?) hiding in their new armoire  telling Julie she was always his original Queen of the Night when they first met in 1982. And just like that, Doug leaves the bedroom because he thinks it’s too cold and we see Julie levitating above their bed while a picture frame of Tom & Alice on the night stand randomly shatters. 

• Members

When RC's Mike first appeared Stefano blackmailed him about something he did in Israel (I believe it was shipping arms? because of a girl ) and Mike starting buddying up to Marlena.   They spent some time together and maybe went out to dinner, but the whole point was for Mike to get the pin code for Marlena's penthouse security system so Stefano could build his creepy armoire that connected their apartments.   So basically, it's Mike's fault Stefano got access to the apartment.  That was his contribution to the beginning of the story.  I am 99% you are correct it was dropped because I don't remember if anyone found out about the arms dealing or his Stefano involvement.

Mike felt really guilty about it all and became the defacto main doctor during the entire possession.  I would say overall he had a pretty decent part in the story.