DAYS: Something Wicked This Way Comes

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

idk why people always whine about stuff like this? They are giving older actors/characters front-burner story. I'm here for it. It *could* be a trainwreck, but it's soap so whatever. I'm not one of those folks that's like "they should just cancel it already!!!" or some mess. I'm genuinely here for them trying whatever to keep the lights on. I may not agree with it or stop watching, but I hope these shows keep at it.

i'm still waiting for some show, any show that's been on for years and years... to just become a zombie apocalypse show in like season 6 or something. LOL 

• Members

Love it or hate it, the Possession story is now an indelible part of the DAYS legend and identity. Camp and fantasy/sci-fi are intrinsic to its brand, same as the families and yesteryear supercouples/triangles, and you can weave the two cornerstone eras of DAYS together carefully and successfully - it just so rarely does. They're wise to revisit it in theory, but in practice I don't think they have the budget or skill to execute properly. It can't be a one-off, and it shouldn't be another round of ol' Dee being possessed again. Marlena should be the heroine here, the wannabe exorcist. I first came up with the idea of it being Will early in the 2010s when Chandler first started getting a fleshed-out role and Will was acting out, but it could be any number of characters - or multiple characters. And there's all sorts of ways you could play up the horror in a genuinely creepy way. Some of it requires money, other parts just require taste and restraint, which Ron rarely has. Look at films like Hereditary and you have a roadmap for a lot of what you can do scares-wise. But Hereditary has a story/themes not that dissimilar from the issues that beset Marlena during the original story - a woman/mother/wife fraught by trauma and heartache who gives way to dark forces.

I don't have any faith in them to do this well, but it was inevitable it was going to be done someday. It just should be done right. Hell, you could even use this story to finally exonerate ol' Ben (either say the Devil made him do it or preferably that he was framed), but Ron will never do that because he has never accepted that any of the rapists or serial killers he writes as 'edgy' heroes need that - he considered it a personal insult to his ego to be pressed to try.

Edited by Vee

• Members

NBC gave out the following press release statement, which EW and Deadline quoted in their articles:

"The original story began in 1994 when the wicked Stefano DiMera began hypnotizing Marlena (Deidre Hall) his 'Queen of the Night.' The hypnosis meant to make her fall in love with him left her open to demonic possession and ultimately led to Marlena becoming possessed by the devil. Later that year (on Christmas eve) in one of the most memorable moments in American pop culture history, Marlena levitated. The story continued through 1995 and concluded that summer when John Black, her now-husband who was thought to be a priest at the time, had to perform an emergency exorcism. When Days of Our Lives revisits the storyline this fall, fans can look forward to twists and turns you'd never suspect as well as familiar faces returning to save the day (or not).... this time around, the devil knows no bounds and no one in Salem is safe!"

Edited by janea4old

• Members

From what little we have heard it sounds like it's Marlena getting re-possessed, but I am trying to think who I would want to be possessed.  It would make sense for it to be someone like Sami, Belle, or even Allie just because they are related to Marlena.   I can't think of anyone else that would work for me.  I hope it's not Abby or Ciara lol.  Time for Eric to be recast and come back as his priestly self. 

The story wasn't my cup tea. But i did love how everyone helped John.  In exorcising the Devil from Marlena. Like many posters have mentioned. I also don't think RC could do this justice. Sort of like the idea of the devil possessing  others. I hope TPTB gave Days some 

Please register in order to view this content

. No way you can do this on the cheap.

Edited by victoria foxton