DAYS: Something Wicked This Way Comes

• Members

I agree and for better or worse, it's the one storyline that people actually know of in this meme-laden day and age. Plus considering that DAYS seems to get renewals based more on Peacock performances rather than linear ratings, it might make that young audience watch an episode to see the "hot mess" that it'll inevitably be.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Bill and Susan Hayes tweeted that Doug and Julie are in a storyline this fall with John and Marlena.

Susan said in SOD interview that they are working a plotline that is going forward. (instead of the usual storyline for elderly people where they simply talk about the past).  She said "It’s been really good plotting by the head writer, Ron Carlivati. We’ve had more work than we’ve had in a long time, which has only been enlivening."
>link<

The Hayes just joined instagram and promoted the possession trailer there.
https://www.instagram.com/p/CTxMM-UJmA8/

Edited by janea4old

• Members

Exactly. This better be written decently (I wont say 'good' - it's Ron and on NBC). This is the perfect transition from Beyond Salem to the main show by focusing on the classic Possession storyline. And centering it on the four core vets of the show is brilliant. How blessed are we to have 90+ year old Bill Hayes involved in this? The Hayes' are very excited.

And to others, because no one seems to listen to me: it will go on for MONTHS. It was still going on in January/February 2022. It's not a one-off. How could it be? Doug's behavior is related to this.

Edited by KMan101

• Members

You know what - I'll have to give it to them because this is well-planned promotionalwise; first they have the promo glitz for Beyond Salem which have gotten them exposure at places where they normally don't and now they seem to continue to momentum with Possession 2.0.

I'm a bit weary of it, but I can't deny that this is really well done and planned by them (promotionalwise).

• Members

I'm weary too (budget and Ron can get stupid in his nods) but it's worked out well for them timing wise and promotionalwise. While it's bringing up online "I stopped watching" ... well, those who stopped are in the minority compared to who started watching.

Beyond Salem has definitely interested folks who have checked out of DAYS or are stans of other soaps. They really need to build on this momentum. I just feel like the main show can often be a turn off ... lol

• Members

Yeah, there was a few people on another site I frequent who said they'd check out Beyond Salem which surprised me because they're not exactly the soap watching demographic and I didn't even bring it up! So Beyond Salem went (sorry for the pun) beyond DAYS's regular audience and even regular soap viewers.

• Members

I will go on record saying I am not looking forward to it at all.  The Possession has always been one of my least favorite stories and I think the best time to do it with Marlena again was during the SSK story.   There are many factors here that make me weary: no budget, the fact the Marlena/John are, well, old, and I am not sure RC can pull it off.   Plus there are other factors like John is no longer a priest and there hasn't been any lead up at all to this like there was in 1994.  I disliked the Possession, but it was a well crafted story paced very well.

I'll watch and I don't think it's the worst idea ever, but I am not looking forward to it.  I am happy that Jarlena/Doug/Julie are getting story though. 

• Members

I've seen a few of those as well (and I'm seeing some get their teens into GH with Spencer/Trina). It's definitely interesting folks who aren't regular soap viewers. I think the soaps have more of a future streaming than I realized. It's the move that needs to be made. Interest is there. It really is.

IF being the key word. The promo was nice. But it was a promo. I really really hope they do this justice. It COULD work. I'm nervous as hell though.

• Members

Why am I suddenly envisioning Doug becoming like Renfield in Dracula?

Welcome to you&#39;re &quot;DOOM!&quot;

Seriously, though, I don't mind at all that BH, SSH, and the two DHs are getting headliner story. I am mostly reconciled with the fact that Days is on a beyond-strict budget.

I'm sure this won't be touched upon this time around, but one of the fascinating things about the original possession SL was just how enthralled JER was with the character of Marlena. Deidre Hall was his muse. Marlena is literally the show's most enduring and transcendent heroine, imbued with a deep personal goodness and strength. JER flipped that on its head and had her soul taken over by the devil -- expressing a woman's battle with her inner demons, even as she ran around in her granny flannel bathrobe. It was also a testament to how popular Deidre/Marlena was, is and has always been. I had the feeling that JER never worried that the character of Marlena would be somehow ruined by the SL.

Also interesting was the major underlying theme in the SL about men's fears about women and their sexual power. (This not only related to Marlena but also Kristen). Anyhoo, I'll get off my Women's Studies 101 soapbox now.

Days Mardevil GIF - Days Mardevil Marlena - Discover &amp; Share GIFs

Edited by Cat