GH: Fall Spoilers

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

From the merch, to the promos, to the tweets, it's never ending propping of certain characters lol. So much else they could show. I get the drama aspect of Peter's sudden arrival, but none of us care about Peter or Mr. Julliard. This is where the disconnect comes from with a lot of us.

• Members

Not Cheetos hands. I....

Please register in order to view this content

But seriously, outside of the stray week where the development was jarring or some pet was heavily propped, I feel that from January up to now (I'm on September 1) GH has been soapy. Beats have been played. Plots have brought. And good developments. My only exception would be the two week post February Sweeps when it was clear someone's hand was in the writer room, keeping that sucky Peter around longer than ever when he should have been gotten written of and interesting developments like the Finn/Chase mixup was clumsily done. 

Kinda like now.

It's clear someone's hand is in it again because all the villain who got great comeuppances are ALL back. And being propped to high heaven. And interesting plots like M/W/C are being abruptly ended when there was still plenty to do with it. This last week of August was truly a chord from the moment Mr. PLP showed back up. Now we have Cyrus back WITHOUT Laura...ugh.

• Members

I have been thinking about it a lot since I read your post yesterday and I really think you might be right.
On top of the unwelcome Peter and Cyrus returns, the Chase/Willow/Michael reveal also certainly felt rushed. I know it was probably a good thing that it wrapped up quickly but still didn't feel like this was where the setup should have led to in terms of "one episode and done".
And we are on standby for how the Jax/Nina/Sonny thing turns out but if Nina ends up just telling Sonny next week, that will also feel like the story was cut short (I mean, it went on for a long time but that would be a strangely mundane way to unlock it).
So I think your theory holds that after six months of hands-off there might have been some additional cooks in the kitchen for these later summer episodes.

• Members

THIS. Something *clearly* shifted.

Yep. It has to be Frank interfereing. Who else is there? I mean, does he rush to the writers and say "I booked Shaughnessy for six months - write him in ASAP"? LOL

It just has veered off track. They had good momentum. Frankly, I didn't mind the whole "just end Michael/Willow/Chase" but man what a letdown after months and months of suffering through it. I at least want a payoff.

• Members

Here are some upcoming spoilers for the week of September 27th, including an interesting one about Spencer/Trina:

Monday September 27th: Josslyn has incredible news to share with Brook Lynn. Obrecht loses her advantage. With new information in hand, Anna and Valentin take the next step in their investigation. Chase gives Finn some brotherly advice. Terry offers Liz her support.

Tuesday September 28th: Maxie encourages everyone to lead with compassion. Valentin takes advantage of a moment of liquid courage. Obrecht forms an unexpected alliance. Michael and Willow are closer than ever, delighting in parenting together. Drew grows impatient with his circumstances. 

Wednesday September 29th: Trina gets Cameron to help her set her plan to expose Spencer in motion. Josslyn is mystified by what she sees at GH. Nikolas realizes there’s only one way for Ava to be safe. Epiphany takes care of an old friend. Esme makes a bold move.

Interesting that Trina is going to get Cam to help her expose Spencer. Something must happen for her to realize that he was involved in the stalking. She will also be trying to expose Esme. So I wonder if she tries to expose both of them, or for some reason decides to mainly focus on Spencer. Regardless of what Trina's plans are I could see Esme throwing Spencer completely under the bus/letting people think he did everything including the fire. I think that Spencer may end up being arrested for everything, while Esme remains free for the time being. We may not get a romantic moment between Sprina anytime soon if things play out like this. 

Edited by xtr

• Members

Here are the rest of the daily spoilers for the week of September 27th, from ONTV/TVGuide spoilers:

September 30:
Monica worries what will happen now.
Jax accepts his part of the blame.
Alexis encourages Shawn to update her on Hayden's case.
Ava surprises Kevin.
Esme and Josslyn have a run in.

October 1st:

Nikolas is backed into a corner.
Ava gets the last word.
Maxie is apologetic.
Brook Lynn asks Ned about the tension between him and Olivia.
Scott tells Austin that his challenge of Edward's will is moving to the next step

• Members

I like the Cam and Trina friendship a lot, but I would really like to get some more Sprina scenes already. I’m ok with a slow burn with that relationship, and with Spencer needing to grovel for a while. But I don’t want them to start having Spencer/Joss scenes and testing those two out. 

• Members

Here are some upcoming daily spoilers for the week of October 4th from the On Tv Tonight site/TV Guide spoilers:

October 4th:

Dante and Sam’s plan starts to work a little too well. Spencer shocks and disappoints Nikolas. Esme celebrates at the Savoy. Trina shows compassion. Carly tells Sonny her beliefs about Nina’s motives.

October 5th

Valentin finds himself in an unexpected situation. Sam is comforted by Dante. Anna is surprised by what she finds at Chloe’s bedside. Peter gives Victor an ultimatum. Curtis and Portia reconnect.

October 6th.

Brook Lynn apologizes to Austin. Maxie has a realization about one of her friendships. Sam and Dante grow closer. Anna seeks out Valentin. Victor makes a startling revelation.

SourceRyan on Twitter has also said that Trina will be exposing Spencer in public. I'm definitely not a fan of Trina exposing Spencer, especially in public for various reasons. And already tried to do this to him and it backfired heavily and was ugly. I don't like how that will impact their romance which has been stalled as of late and I think it's unnecessary angst for them. I don't have a problem with Trina finding out what Spencer did and being mad at him for it, but I don't like that it's her being the one to expose it. That's not romantic & it seems like something older, more dysfunctional couples will do. I would have rather seen Esme discover that Trina was on her trail and her be the one set him up/throw him under the bus.

Trina still could have been mad at Spencer, but after a bit realized that maybe Esme still had a role in things. And maybe worked to expose that role. Plus, we really haven't gotten any scenes of them being alone since Esme appeared & they haven't gotten much in the way of romance lately. Now they are possibly going to be antagonistic towards each other and they haven't even gotten a first kiss yet. And it looks like Esme might let Spencer take the fall for everything, while she gets away with her serious role in things for the time being. (And I actually think part is okay for the time being, I just don't like that happening with Trina being the one to expose him) Not a of how the show has chosen to do this reveal and handle Sprina's relationship/romance lately. 

Edited by xtr

• Members

What’s notable with these spoilers (and the ones you shared further out) is there’s little to no Nina/Sonny/Carly/Jason. Unless they simply aren’t sharing what happens. It’s almost as if they’re saying, forget the past nine months happened. Nothing to see here. It’s very deflating as a viewer.

• Members

It's so lame. I cannot believe how poorly this storyline is being handled. This should've been huge and we're getting nothing.

I'm interested in seeing how the Spencer/Trina stuff plays out, but at least things are actually happening in this story. There's at least some soapy drama going on here. That's more than I can say about most of the current stories. 

Peter gives Victor an ultimatum? Really? Why can't he just go away? 

Edited by AlexElizabeth

• Members

Not to be super dramatic, but it’s a breach of trust. Soaps are asking a lot of viewers to commit to five hours a week in the hopes that stories are going somewhere. If a movie has a crap ending, you’ve only lost two hours lol. There are other stories going on with potential, like you say, but how do we know they aren’t gonna eff those up too, especially with Spencer and Trina, whom I really enjoy? I’m not as loyal to GH as I am to Y&R, which was my very first soap dating back to childhood, so I’m not sure I want to go along for the ride with GH anymore. I dunno.

Enjoying the “moments” is one thing and I see how people can stick with the show for those, but GH shows their viewers a lot of disrespect.

• Members

It's all so bad and it's amazing how quickly it tanked. Lots of potential, soapy storylines and they all just fade out like nothing matters. Now we're back treading water and none of those daily spoilers interest me, apart from Spencer/Trina/Cameron. And I fully expect the ball to be dropped there as well.

Did Jean Passanante come back? A lot of it reads like the awful 2015-2018 period

This.

Even finding 'moments' to enjoy is becoming rare with GH. DAYS has my 'loyalty' but GH is right up there with it. It shows a total lack of respect for it's audience.

But after seeing Twitter posting Facebook comments on GH, it's clear that's the audience they are after.

Chit's "We are the Charlie Brown to Frank's Lucy" is so spot on it isn't even funny