Bold and Beautiful June 2021 Discussion

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Vinny threw himself in front of Liam's car because he was in love with Thomas? Or because he wanted Thomas & Hope together? IDGI. Please tell me this isn't what Brad calls his 'gay SL' ? 

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

Well, I actually had to watch this episode just to see for myself.  I didn't feel it was a declaration of romantic love because he was always saying "I love ya man!" for as long as I can remember.  But that's a stupid way to commit suicide (if that's what he did) or have anyway of knowing it was Liam driving an approaching vehicle.  EXTREMELY STUPID!

• Members

Oh man we were all pining for Vinny and Thomas' chemistry to be played on explicitly because it'd be fun and THIS is how Bell chooses to play it?
This really feels like a last-minute add-on to the original plan in the hopes of throwing red meat to the fans who were having fun with the idea.

But it is played for shock value AND it doesn't even use the chemistry in question since it is a plot point for a dead character rather than character development so: wasted opportunity.
I don't even mind the stupidity of the "I kill myself to help Thomas" thing because I can accept psycho characters doing psycho things but not as a coda once the story is already done. We should have had weeks of Vinny obsessing over Thomas romantically and then maybe it would have made sense. Here it just feels insulting and lazy.

• Members

Wow...sounds interesting...and I came here to see if anyone had posted about seeing JMW on Entertainment Tonight talking about how well done the addiction storyline was and her 'best actress' nomination.  I hadn't read about all of this Vinny stuff, if I'd known I would have tuned in just to see that.  It sounds like another well-done storyline.  

• Members

I’ve been begging for a black villain on these shows. I just don’t think they care enough about Justin to let him really challenge Dollar Bill and the Spencers (and keep him on the canvas on the frontburner if he does). I hope they prove me wrong, but I wasn’t born yesterday.

It’s funny that the loyal Af-Am sidekicks are both betraying their white benefactors simultaneously (with Carter boinking the owner’s wife).

• Members

The revelation of Vinnie's suicide came too quickly. I was thinking, that if the writers wanted to stretch out the story they could have said a business rival who wants to take over Bill's company neutralize Thomas to keep the Spencers in jail and take over Spencer Publications. Lo and behold I see Justin knock out Thomas, so it seems that's exactly where the story is going.

Could we get a strong black villain? I hope so. I don't believe we've gotten one since the days of RJ Gannon on OLTL if I'm correct.

Edited by ironlion

• Members

These days on B&B its....event x occurs, then ruminate on said event with excessively repetitive dialogue for 3 weeks, throw in a twist, and rapidly conclude the story for a week thereafter.

Soaps have grown inept at writing years long stories with an overarching plot containing complications that can fill airtime without feeling like a bore. 

Edited by ironlion

• Members

I don’t think I can add more to what everyone else has said but what a crappy ass plot twist way for our poor Vinny to be given. Definitely tacky as hell Thudley! 

Not sure what’s going on with Justin here unless he wants revenge on Thomas for Emma’s death while revenge on the Spencer’s for years of mistreatment which could be interesting but be totally rushed without playing any beats.

This is the same show that rushed through Steffy’s pill addiction last fall in one month’s time. Same with Ridge & Shauna lol.

Edited by soapfan770