Bold and Beautiful June 2021 Discussion

• Members

I always thought Justin was shady and had his own agenda with Bill. I like the idea of him seeking revenge for Emma, but it seems like Bradley wants us to just forget that ever happen. I’ll never get Thomas’s smug satisfactory look at seeing Emma dead in her car out of my head though…sigh. 

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

To have any kind of villain you need to write a credible character with backstory and motivation, even if that motivation is just "Hey, it's a dog-eat-dog world out there." What IS Justin other than Bill's ride or die? That's no diss on Aaron D. Spears who works hard to breathe life and dynamism into Justin in what little he is given. The problem is Bradley's horrific 'writing.' There is no such a thing as character on this show (ironically, given that character motivation defined B&B in its early years). Every character merely exists as a single plot point. And so it was with Vinny. And so it might be with Justin.

Edited by Cat

• Members

Pretty much sums up B&B and why I became disinterested.  Characters that are on for years and have no real meaning.  Quinn was written as a cartoon type of character - I didn't care one ounce about her no matter what redemption they tried to make or her cockamamy stories or obsession over her son, who I also never cared about.  Bring in Shauna and Flo and try and give them all some kind of backstory.  Rush everything you can rush.  That guy Steffy married - Liberty Biberty guy - felt like a throwaway character from the beginning.  I really can't think of a character on the show I cared about, everyone felt annoying to me.  Tired of Brooke and her thirsty vagina...Ridge isn't appealing to me, Bill is also a cartoon character - didn't care about him.  Insta-plots with holes everywhere.  One note show that pretty much struggled telling more than one story at a time. Now give it an emmy for best writing and best show.  One exception for me was young Sally - they missed the boat on that one and it was obvious to me.  She was gritty, had chemistry with pretty much everyone and they had a chance with that character.  They blew it and I can't even think of what they were thinking...some people have star quality that you can't put your finger on, and to me she had it.  I'm going to have to catch up on reading the re-caps if I can bear to get through that...

I actually think Deacon had potential but they wrote him as a doofus character when I was trying to watch regularly.  This Hope never resonated with me - whining, perfect, sanctimonious never-do-wrong like her mother.  I could stand the other Hope for whatever reason.  I realized there was 'nothing to see here', kind of like Y&R - I don't even read recaps of Y&R anymore.  I pass by after the noon news has gone off, and before I change the channel I see Y&R and don't know who many of the faces are LOL.  Both shows struggled for me in making me care at all.  Bad news for a soap.    

Edited by Fevuh

• Members

Speaking of fast, B&B sure didn't waste any time in removing Zoe from the opening credits. Kind of peculiar considering they usually take their sweet time updating the show's opening.

Edited by crc

• Members

I might have missed it, but has Zoe left town without learning about Quinn and Carter?

Aaron Spears has been utterly wasted by this show. Dude has easy charisma.

Not to filter everything through the lens of race, but it’s funny, given what we’ve gone through in the country this past year, that Justin is the bad guy who holds the cards for two white men’s freedom and could be incriminated by the release of a cell phone video.

• Members

I skipped yesterday’s episode. I’m not team anybody at this point. I guess I’m Team Carter and that’s about it out of the entire cast. I like Quinn but she’s absent for long periods so they can feature Liam and Hope.  I used to be a Steffy fan but they’ve hitched her to such a dull partner. I mean Finns better than Liam but still. Why wouldn’t they give her a guy with an edge to him? 

Edited by Chatty Cakes

• Members

Yeah she's still around I suppose, which is why it's so odd to take her out of the opening. It's not like they added anyone that I noticed. There might have been an extra shot of Paris.  

Ha! That's a good take on this story and so true.