YR/BB actress possibly back at B&B

• Members

Kimberlin Brown supporting racist beliefs, Trump, sounds like 1/6 and maybe a Q-anon too.   Sounds like she's worse than Melissa Reeves by far.   Hopefully it is UNTRUE that she's back at Y&R.  I don't watch B&B, so don't care there, but I hope they'd have better tastes too. 

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I am not sure their political beliefs differ greatly: Reeves hasn't run for office so she hasn't had to discuss them openly but everything points in the direction of being roughly in the same ballpark
Difference however is that Reeves has been said to have said and done things ON-SET that upset and offended crew members while I have never heard anything bad about Brown on a personal level. 
I have nothing but contempt for both of them politically but it is worth drawing that distinction.

• Members

I agree with you.  I wouldn't be surprised if Reeves and her hubby Scott Reeves shared the exact same beliefs, that's why I don't want either Reeves back anywhere, especially her back as Jenn on DAYS or him as Steven Lars on GHDAYS needs to keep Cady McClain, back on contract, and GH when they bring Steven Lars back recast with a good known soap actor or the guy who played him before Reeves, who I thought was pretty good. 

• Members

Sheila's been played out. Did Brad need her for a shitty quick plot point? 

I thought this would be about Linsey Godfrey and I was really excited for a minute. (I know she was on DOOL and not Y&R but my mind wasn't that fast). 

• Webmaster

https://www.soapoperanetwork.com/2021/05/kimberlin-brown-visits-the-bold-and-the-beautiful

UPDATE: 05/03/2021: Kimberlin Brown posted additional images on her Instagram page today that provided a better understanding of why she returned last week to Television City where “The Bold and the Beautiful” is shot.

In one photo, Brown says, “A great day [for] taping for an upcoming special! More information to follow.” She was seen in a photo sitting down in front of a green screen. In another photo, Brown shared an image of herself wearing the same outfit as the first while in a dressing room. Additionally, according to Soap Opera Digest, fans shouldn’t expect to see a comeback for Brown on “B&B” anytime soon as her visit “was not for storyline purposes” setside sources told the publication.

• 1 month later...
  • Members

Basically if I recall correctly they just said it was her sister, the Sarah Smythe character and I think some was pinned on Sugar as well. I don't remember exactly, but I do recall it was very believable and the perfect setup for Sheila to be properly back without the baggage of a bunch of crimes on her. It's a shame they didn't do anything with her because it really was the perfect reintroduction. I wish they'd have a long term story planned for her.

• Members

That is one of the extremely rare times where I forgive a retcon that didn't even bother trying to explain itself.

The latter uses of Sheila on Y&R, particularly the Phyllis stuff, was atrocious and I am fine with it being retconned into oblivion.

• Members

I don't disagree here; Bell has also been using Sheila as a basic criminal villain when he brought her back the last couple of times instead of a nuanced character that he actually had developed really well when he first brought her over from Y&R.
But at least her last appearance was merely basic and didn't insult the future, the way the Y&R tale did. It wasn't offensively bad or characters-destroying. It was just: Really? That's what you wanted to do with her?
Which I would say is my complaint with most of Bell's latter-day writing. I can't say I have been outraged by how bad and offensive anything has really been - I don't recall being angry the way I was when he tried to pair Ridge and Bridget for instance.
It is just... repetitious and Really? That's it? It is nothing destructive or offensive but it is just uninspired which I suppose can happen when you have been writing a show for as long as he has. It is just surprising that the other writers that he brings on do not seem to be given the leeway to go in different places with the characters.