Eurovision Song Contest 2021

OzFrog

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Why? I actually think it’s a great song with a great message. In fact, its my #2 behind France at the moment. It’s a shame the way Jendrik is being treated at the moment (he’s already started receiving quite hateful DMs on Instagram, which no artist should be subjected to). Everyone’s music tastes are different, and everyone has the right to like/dislike a song, but taking it out on the artist is just plain wrong.

He is someone who is absolutely rapt to be representing Germany, and was chosen fairly and squarely by an international jury and a panel of 100 German fans. I absolutely admire his attitude and have loved him since his intro video a few weeks ago. Many people still seem to be upset that Ben Dolic didn’t represent Germany again this year, however according to Jendrik, it was Ben’s decision to walk away from the selection final. So the treatment he is getting is quite unfair.

• Members

I just don't like his "Oh, I'm so quirky and bubbly" personality and the song is nothing I would give a second listen to. It's too chaotic, hectic and disjointed for my taste.
But we'll see ... I didn't like Lena either 

Please register in order to view this content

Meanwhile ... Ireland:

• Members

Thanks @Huntress! I’ve added Ireland to the main post. 

Slovenia

‘s song is being chosen tonight for Ana Soklic through their EMA show. It also marks the 60th anniversary of Yugoslavia’s first involvement with Eurovision (their first year was 1962), which of course Slovenia was a part of until 1991. Also 55 years ago, Yugoslavia sent their first song in Slovene (prior entries up to that point had been either Serbian, Croatian or Bosnian).

Big news - Little Big have been reconfirmed for Russia . Song will most likely come out closer to the submission deadline date.

Next week, starting Tuesday, it’s San Remo for Italy , every night up to Saturday when the winner is announced. And in between now and March 15 (Head of Delegations meeting), we still have 28 songs to reveal. This is going to be an action packed 2 weeks coming up for Eurovision 2021 songs...

• Members

Albania

will release a revamp of Karma tomorrow night at 20.00 CET. It has not been unusual for Albania to do this with their entries in the last number of years, especially as a number of their songs from their national final will generally be longer than the required 3 minutes.

• Members

Here’s the official video for Albania (I’ve also updated on the main post):

Melodifestivalen is quite bizarre this year, probably because of the lack of live audience. Their weekly hosts though have been absolutely hilarious - Lena Philipsson and Pernilla Wahlgren especially, both Swedish pop icons in their own right.

The betting odds currently have Tusse winning the whole thing, with Eric Saade, Dotter and The Mamas close behind. I wish that Sweden had just done an internal selection with The Mamas this year, but alas SVT don’t want to sacrifice their Melfest cash cow (it’s seriously Sweden’s highest rating program every year, even higher than Eurovision itself).

Also, the mountainous adventure that is Sanremo started last night... 5 consecutive nights of 5 hours each to pick an entry for Italy

• Members

So much happening today, with a number of internal songs being released! Here’s what we have so far today:

Belgium (Hooverphonic):

Romania (Roxen):

There’s more to come in the next few hours... Netherlands (Jeangu Macroy), Australia (Montaigne), and Moldova (Natalia Gordienko). Stay tuned!

• Members

Also, it was confirmed in the last couple of days that most/all acts will perform live in Rotterdam, with the audience size yet to be confirmed, according to articles and interviews done with the producers and supervisors at the EBU and Dutch broadcasters.