Eurovision Song Contest 2021

OzFrog

• Members

And that’s the beauty of Eurovision - the diversity that is on offer. I guarantee that for every female vocalist you don’t like, there will be many people who do like them. Everyone’s tastes are different, and that’s exactly what should be celebrated. There is no one correct way to sing

Please register in order to view this content

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

And another couple of incredible choices from national finals tonight. Portugal have for the first time ever chosen a totally English-language song to represent them, and Italy selected a heavy-rock band in their Sanremo contest!

Portugal...

And Italy...

• Members

Estonia is just as bland as their entry last year. Portugal is a snoozefest as well. Quite a lot of songs this year lack a proper hook or a distinctive melody.

Denmark rides on the current 80s retro trend – I kind of like it. By the way, this will be the first time since 1997 that we will hear the Danish language in the contest.

• Members

As I was saying to alphanguy above, I’m enjoying the actual diversity of the songs on offer this year. In fact I have Denmark, Estonia and Italy all in my Top 10 at the moment. 

And remember, for every song that we might not like, someone will definitely love. Music taste is not absolute

• Members

This is great and will probably give San Marino its best result ever (ok, given their poor track record, this is not that hard to manage

).
However, it's still not clear if FloRida will appear on stage with Senhit ...

• Members

To me, the lack of diversity is the problem. Such a high percentage of these girls that sing in this bizarre, auto-tuned cursive singing... they more or less all sound alike  (with a few exceptions). If you think about past singers, such as Abba, Lulu, Aretha Franklin, Cher, Diana Ross, Olivia,  etc... they couldn't be more different from one another. 

Edited by alphanguy74

• Members

I’m definitely hearing a difference in vocal styles with the female vocalists. We must have different hearing then

And this I agree with you on. While it might not be everyone’s cup of tea (and nor should it be), it does have a distinctive style to it, and is one you can easily get lost in.

• Members

And today we had a surprise drop from Belarus - this is already causing controversy as this group is known to be strongly sympathetic to the oppressive Lukashenko regime. Indeed the 2020 entrants VAL were removed from contention for 2021 after having voiced public support for the Belarusian opposition during their election protests. Anyway, here’s the song...