Days: February 2021 Discussion Thread

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I think most of the sets are okay. I liked Charlie's apartment, except for that big frosted window. They just need a few more sets lol John and Marlena's apartment has become the new blue room.

And you're right about bringing in a new co-EP. They don't spend what little money they have very wisely, and when they do, it's for stuff that most people aren't interested in. I know Corday's not going anywhere, but I think it's time for Alarr to pack it up. It might even be time for a new HW as well. I enjoyed most of last year, but now the show is messy again. The stories need to be tighter and more long running. These quick mini stories don't cut it. B&B has the same problem. Funny thing is GH is the exact opposite. Their long running storylines need to be wrapped up quicker.

• Members

Regarding MM: I think we would all be wise to refrain from commenting on her personality or what she needs or needs not to until we actually see what the exchange was

I have seen enough well-meaning but overzealous soap fans be absolutely inappropriate to performers on social media without even realizing that they are crossing all kinds of line to refuse to take her supposed bad reaction at face value simply based on hear-say.
Sorry but some fans really need to get their heads chewed out. Not saying it was the case here but commenting on an exchange we haven't seen feels a bit risky to me.

Agree that pacing is all wrong AND often the opposite of what we would like to see. The Gwen story dragged on long after everyone had guessed where it was going and few are enjoying it while the Charlie murder story could have taken some more time to be better set up without complaints from the fans who appreciated the actor's work (with the caveat that the rape story itself actually lasted the right amount of time for me).

Charlie's place isn't bad. I can buy a young kid like Charlie living there. Now Nicole living in a tiny ass apartment. I can't buy. Or Mob Princess Ava living a tiny apartment. Xander. Sarah, Brady and Chloe living at the Salem Inn is laughable. Many of the characters need homes. Everyone living at the K & D mansion's. Or those ugly hotel rooms at the Salem Inn. Is a huge problem. Over at Titan Phillip and Xander share the same half ass office set. Charlie was the only Titan employee we ever saw. We will never see Gabi Chic. We haven't seen Abe in his home in years. Elani need a better place. Where they can raise the twins. I'm sick to death of HTS or the tiny park bench. The constant redressing of Jarlena's set is getting tiresome.

Edited by victoria foxton

• Members

I don’t even remember what Abe and Lexie’s house looks like. Hope’s house becoming that awful tiny room is so so bad. Everyone living at Salem Inn is awful. All of these people have money but choose to live in hotels. It makes no sense. Every company has no employees outside of the cast.

• Members

Please register in order to view this content

Except he claims he didn't send it her way as he didn't tag her.

Either way... we all have bad days. I'm not sure MM getting nasty over one bad tweet represents her overall behavior.

• Members

I actually agree the sets have been better-ish. I thought about that after I wrote it. I'd still like better but I get the show has no budget and is doing what they can. It has improved there. It doesn't feel like everything takes place in Horton Town Square, the random park bench in the woods or the awful blue room LOL so ... I'm glad they slightly upgraded Eli and Lani's set after they brought the twins home. I liked Charlie's apartment set too and Ava's wasn't awful. 

John and Marlena's "townhouse" is awful looking, IMHO. Sorry. LOL. I STILL miss the old Penthouse. And Shawn and Belle (or Hope I guess) need better than a closet masquerading as a den. But props for trying to give us some different sets. 

I'm also not the biggest fan of the remodel they did of Julie's Place after the waste of time jump.

Agreed on the stories for all the soaps. The pacing is just all over the place. 

Yes on Alarr. He seems like a nice enough guy the cast likes, I guess (though I've heard mixed things on him), but I also don't think he's very strong. It shows on-screen, IMO. 

Also agreed on the HW. I'd really like to see Quan get a shot and Broderick with him, if she's interested. I have such mixed feelings on Uncle Ronald Carlivati. I appreciate some of the things he's done that I've wanted him to (Tony alive, Will alive, Jack alive; I don't hate the idea of Gwen; I like he's played on Broe/Phloe; Shelle and Lumi are around; he has some good ideas but the quick pacing, poor editing and lack of depth hurt), but he really makes me feel like I have whiplash at times and I think he goes too far to make it 'shocking' when it all ends up feeling pointless. I could go on, LOL. 

Edited by KMan101

• Members

I miss Marlena's penthouse so bad.  I would kill for that huge set back.  And the way she just randomly sold it when John was in a coma after all those years still hurts me.  I would not even complain if they re-dressed the old penthouse set for everything in town.

The set was the same/similar but I don't think it was supposed to be Roman and Marlena's old house.  Speaking of, did they ever explain what Roman/Marlena did with that house?  Did they sell it?  Do they still own it? I know they owned it for awhile because Sami practically delivered Will there. Poor John probably paid more mortgage payments on it than either Roman or Marlena lol.

• Members

I agree. I don’t know what universe people are in when they don’t call Brandon Beemer good looking.

Andyou know, we just went through all this negative talk about Martha Madison a few short month ago, didn’t we? I don’t think the girl gets that kind of airtime to deserve all this negativity, frankly. I think she’s fine in the role.