Days: February 2021 Discussion Thread

• Members

They both should have been more than that especially belle. Because of her birth circumstances.  But she was always such a bland good girl who would sometimes whore it up with phillip. Without any of her sisters or mothers depth. While I agree mm always seemed too old and matronly.  The endgame shawn/belle pairing hurt her more.  The writers are so unwilling to move her away from that.  Also why did she have her winter coat on inside all episode today?  It was actually bothering me. Take your coat off lol

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Beemer was actually fun on B&B. He still wasn't Laurence Olivier or even particularly steal-the-show charismatic but given something other than the tedious Shawn/Belle material, he had some life to him and sold an unexpected pairing very well. 
I blame it more on Belle (not just MM but the writing) that there isn't more spark to this couple

Edited by FrenchBug82

• Members

I just don't think Belle/Shawn are an endgame couple.  KS and JC were adorable as young Belle and Shawn, but it became increasingly clear there were better options for both.  I wish the show had the courage to move away from Shelle the way they did Roman/Marlena into John/Marlena.  Phillip/Belle were where it was at.  And Shawn easily could have found a new love interest or maybe even Chloe.  They dated for years in real life!  I truly get the concept of Belle and Shawn is an amazing thought- Bo/Hope/John/Marlena's children together!  But it also limited story for John because clearly at some point they should have just made him real Roman and now its incestuous for Brady/Theresa and Shelle.  The show could have saved literally 1000 John retcons to make him Roman in like 2001.

• Members

Man... they could've done so much more with Charlie. He could've tried to worm his way into Henry's life and get some sort of custody of him. Tripp and Allie could've joined forces to stop him and grown closer over that. Instead Charlie is going to die and we're going to have a boring murder mystery, and it's been all of 5 minutes since Allie remembered that Tripp isn't her rapist, and they're already making goo-goo eyes at each other.

• Members

I remember right before Sheffer got dumped, when they first went there with Belle really being hot and horny for JKJ's returned Phillip. They had also brought back Bjorlin as Chloe as a much more adult, sophisticated and scheming character and were clearly testing her off of Beemer. Both couples worked, however fundamentally mediocre Madison and Beemer were. Then they dropped it all. All of the characters have been rode so hard since (especially Chloe) that I don't know how you start from zero. But I would still recast Belle and fundamentally rework her, if it were up to me.

I remember when they got Jason Cook back briefly in the anniversary year - he was really good as an older Shawn. tbh I think you could get him now. While Beemer does a better job than Madison, I'd aim for Cook.

• Members

If the show wants to write a real storyline for Shawn and Belle, rather than have them serve supporting roles in Claire's stories, I think they should lean into Martha Madison's frigid hausfrau vibe and do a story where Belle loses her libido and ends up pushing Shawn away. Then he might turn to Chloe (or whoever) for comfort, which eventually turns into sex. If the show really wanted to be daring, the person he'd turn to for comfort/hot sex would be Paul, and eventually we'd get the big reveal of Belle shrieking, "You slept with my brother!"

• Members

Madison bothers me a lot more than Beemer.  Cook is better, but MM is the problem.  Some of its the writing, but MM has no spark or life in her performance.  She seems like a nice person and does resemble DH and is serviceable as an actress, but she is dull and has 0 sex appeal.  Idk, I have always thought Belle could have been so much more and KS version was slightly better.  Plus MM and BB have like no chemistry.  John and Marlena seem 100 times hotter for each other than Shawn and Belle and that's just wrong.

• Members

Wow!  She comes off as nice, but I have no problem with a recast.  I think Belle/Shawn are needed on the canvas but she brings nothing to the role.  Charity Rahmer was more entertaining especially when she was seemingly hitting on her own father lol.  I just think John/Marlena's only  kid and Bo/Hope's son should be on screen, especially with Ciara being very recurring.  I also think the show should find Andrew Donovan and possibly bring Stephanie back as well.  Jonny should be back too.