Days: February 2021 Discussion Thread

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I love still seeing her meander around Salem after all these years. I even remember spotting her in that naughty gentlemen's club that Tony/Andre and Lucas would frequent back in 2003...  I guess that innocent Salem Place waitress was moonlighting... 

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

I don't want to attack other commenters but it leaves me godsmacked that people would say things like that.

First it is obviously a bit bizarre on the merits since he is still in great shape and probably in better shape than 95% of men out there.
But even if he wasn't... what's the deal with saying someone's body "needs work"? You are welcome to not find it/him attractive but he doesn't NEED to do anything. He is healthy and married and talented and he doesn't "need" his body to look a certain way and fit a certain standard of anyone else's taste.
What he needs to do is be happy and healthy and do a good job as an actor. Nothing else. None of these actors (or actresses) need to lose weight or have six-packs or shave their chest or whatever else and I'd hate for them to think otherwise because some judgemental anonymes online feel like imposing their own aesthetic preferences on strangers.
Lecture: over.

• Members

I usually don't say this that much, but today's episode was BAD.

The acting was good for the most part, but everything else about it, particularly the writing was ridiculous. And with 

Please register in order to view this content

I fear that tomorrow is going to be just as bad as today.

Yet at the same time, I feel more determined than ever to keep watching, no matter how bad it may get.

Edited by AbcNbc247

• Members

I thought the episode was okay.  There are just major issues with the Charlie story.  Or I guess maybe it's holes in John's story?  What ever happened with the Jan thing?  Is John getting treatment for his anger issues?  Or is Marlena just cooing at him to calm down? And Tripp worrying about things like Charlie getting custody of Henry?  That would never, ever happen under any circumstance.

This Allie/Claire/Charlie stuff and eventual fallout seems good on paper, but the execution is poor.  It makes sense Charlie has all these people after him, but everyone built up to "I am going to murder Charlie" in basically an episode lol.

The Ava/Rafe/Nicole stuff was silly though. And sadly, both Ava and Kristen were brought back not be villains but weak victims.  

• Members

Yes, her character was named Bliss for that storyline. Yes, it's always fun to spot Jacee in the background, sort of like Where's Waldo. I think I most recently saw her at Eric and Nicole's wedding at the pub as one of the wedding guests.

Her real name is Joyette, so that's how they list her on today's "Judge Judy."

Edited by JAS0N47

• Members

Idk. I guess it was just too much, too fast. Rushing something always ruins it. They were so determined to further ruin Charlie that they just shoved it all into the one episode instead of providing us with any kind of motivation or understanding of what drove this to happen. 

And I do see lots of wasted potential. Probably the most I've seen from any actor or character in a while. Overall, I just don't get it. Why is he being killed off when there are other rapists and even murderers running around Salem playing the victim? I mentioned my suspicions about it a few pages back in this thread, but it's still disappointing.

Edited by AbcNbc247

• Members

I like MM and think he's a find as Charlie and at least as charismatic as RSW, but I do think it's Charlie's time to go. I totally get what your saying though.  Why kill Charlie, but keep Ben, Kristen, Ava and so on and so forth. 

I do find it odd they throw Nicole into the mix of suspects, but not Lucas, at least not yet.

It's not exactly rushed either.  It's like they started the story, then dropped it, then come back to it, but it played out for awhile.  It's the pacing that's off.  I almost wish they go back to JER pacing:  A stories MWF, and B stories TTH.  Because certain stories play out over several days then are completely dropped for weeks.

• Members

Belle has been aged up into a hausfrau bc Martha Madison has always read too old for the part and is not a great actress. Beemer is serviceable but a clone of Bo. What a waste of generational characters - not that Shawn or Belle ever had much personality beyond 'white, under 25 and in love with each other'.