Days: February 2021 Discussion Thread

• Members

Right? It's not even something he wrote.  And it could have been done anytime during Cadys run.  Like the morning after the Jack/Kate reveal.  Not in the middle of her mother's funeral. It took you completely out of the scene.

Agreed. Although Sonnys funeral was lame. I know there are budgets and guarantees and things but Marlenas scenes with Allie could have aired next week and Marlena could have attended the pre funeral or whatever they were doing at the Horton house. Lucas should have been there as well for his sister.

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Days could've had a small funeral service at St. Luke's. Laura's death happened suddenly after all.  Or a small memorial service at the Horton home. It's strange to see a legendary Days character get a crappy death. Hopeful Dr. Rolf will bring her back. I never saw the previous Laura's. But i loved when JB's Laura walked into the courtroom. And exposed all of Kate's secrets.

• Members

Exactly.  JLB might not have been the original Laura, but Laura was (and is) integral to DAYS' history.  The Laura/Bill/Mickey triangle was so huge BITD, it even got a shout-out on "Sanford & Son," lol!  Even if it's still DAYS, where no one stays dead, Laura deserved a much bigger send-off than the one she's getting.

I am so [!@#$%^&*] done with this show.

• Members

You mean embarrassed  by the nod to it on Days or what happened at AMC?
Because after she left AMC she was incandescent and disgusted that she got killed off that way. She has said many times that the writer/producer team at the time hated her and wanted her death - despite having been on the show forever - be as humiliatingly pedestrian as possible.

I agree with everyone. I can live with them killing off Laura in theory but for her to be killed in such an unremarkable way to further a bad storyline and a pretty dreadful character that will be gone in 18 months does not register as the death worthy of a legendary character, recast or not.

It is reducing a core of DAYS history as a footnote in the B-level storyline of a mediocre villain. Really insulting.

• Members

I thought Cady looked embarrassed by the nod to it on days.  It really didn't fit the scene 

I can't really speak about her AMC death.  I am not a huge Dixie fan, but it was insulting.  I can't say I was much of an AMC watcher at the time.  She returned in the end, so CM probably got over much of her bad feelings about it.