Days: February 2021 Discussion Thread

2 minutes ago, Vee said:

That is just tacky. If you insist on always doing ABC Daytime callbacks you can do that after the death of some rando, not the funeral for a character like Laura Horton. Ron never gets tone.

Right? It's not even something he wrote.  And it could have been done anytime during Cadys run.  Like the morning after the Jack/Kate reveal.  Not in the middle of her mother's funeral. It took you completely out of the scene.

1 minute ago, victoria foxton said:

Marlena and Laura friendship dates by to the 70's. She was also close to Maggie. Laura was even close to Viv. While teaming up to expose Kate. Plus Viv saved Laura from the mental institution. Which kept drugging Laura for decades. To milk money from the Horton's. Laura deserved better than this. This was beyond pathetic.  Not even a funeral. Even Sonny got funeral over at GH.

Agreed. Although Sonnys funeral was lame. I know there are budgets and guarantees and things but Marlenas scenes with Allie could have aired next week and Marlena could have attended the pre funeral or whatever they were doing at the Horton house. Lucas should have been there as well for his sister.

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, carolineg said:

Right? It's not even something he wrote.  And it could have been done anytime during Cadys run.  Like the morning after the Jack/Kate reveal.  Not in the middle of her mother's funeral. It took you completely out of the scene.

Agreed. Although Sonnys funeral was lame. I know there are budgets and guarantees and things but Marlenas scenes with Allie could have aired next week and Marlena could have attended the pre funeral or whatever they were doing at the Horton house. Lucas should have been there as well for his sister.

Days could've had a small funeral service at St. Luke's. Laura's death happened suddenly after all.  Or a small memorial service at the Horton home. It's strange to see a legendary Days character get a crappy death. Hopeful Dr. Rolf will bring her back. I never saw the previous Laura's. But i loved when JB's Laura walked into the courtroom. And exposed all of Kate's secrets.

5 minutes ago, victoria foxton said:

Days could've had a small funeral service at St. Luke's. Laura's death happened suddenly after all.  Or a small memorial service at the Horton home. It's strange to see a legendary Days character get a crappy death. Hopeful Dr. Rolf will bring her back. I never saw the previous Laura's. But i loved when JB's Laura walked into the courtroom. And exposed all of Kate's secrets.

It does seem like a very pointless death. With Jen gone, the fallout isnt going to be good either. I know JLB's Laura isnt everyone's favorite but I liked her. And it's a shame they killed her off with little to no fanfare much like they did with Bill.

10 minutes ago, carolineg said:

And it's a shame they killed her off with little to no fanfare much like they did with Bill.

Exactly.  JLB might not have been the original Laura, but Laura was (and is) integral to DAYS' history.  The Laura/Bill/Mickey triangle was so huge BITD, it even got a shout-out on "Sanford & Son," lol!  Even if it's still DAYS, where no one stays dead, Laura deserved a much bigger send-off than the one she's getting.

I am so [!@#$%^&*] done with this show.

Someone on Twitter finally posted the clip of the infamous scene of Sanford and Son when Fred perfectly explains the Mickey/Bill/Laura triangle. 

42 minutes ago, Forever8 said:

Someone on Twitter finally posted the clip of the infamous scene of Sanford and Son when Fred perfectly explains the Mickey/Bill/Laura triangle. 

That’s great haha!

As charismatic as Kate Mansi is, I don’t miss her at all right now. Marci Miller is going from strength to strength. Just shows how writing can stifle or liberate a performer.

Edited by Faulkner
54 minutes ago, Forever8 said:

I love this

On 2/17/2021 at 2:22 PM, carolineg said:

I thought cady seemed embarrassed by it more than annoyed 

You mean embarrassed  by the nod to it on Days or what happened at AMC?
Because after she left AMC she was incandescent and disgusted that she got killed off that way. She has said many times that the writer/producer team at the time hated her and wanted her death - despite having been on the show forever - be as humiliatingly pedestrian as possible.

7 hours ago, Khan said:

Even if it's still DAYS, where no one stays dead, Laura deserved a much bigger send-off than the one she's getting.

I agree with everyone. I can live with them killing off Laura in theory but for her to be killed in such an unremarkable way to further a bad storyline and a pretty dreadful character that will be gone in 18 months does not register as the death worthy of a legendary character, recast or not.

It is reducing a core of DAYS history as a footnote in the B-level storyline of a mediocre villain. Really insulting.

2 hours ago, FrenchBug82 said:

You mean embarrassed  by the nod to it on Days or what happened at AMC?
Because after she left AMC she was incandescent and disgusted that she got killed off that way. She has said many times that the writer/producer team at the time hated her and wanted her death - despite having been on the show forever - be as humiliatingly pedestrian as possible.

I agree with everyone. I can live with them killing off Laura in theory but for her to be killed in such an unremarkable way to further a bad storyline and a pretty dreadful character that will be gone in 18 months does not register as the death worthy of a legendary character, recast or not.

It is reducing a core of DAYS history as a footnote in the B-level storyline of a mediocre villain. Really insulting.

I thought Cady looked embarrassed by the nod to it on days.  It really didn't fit the scene 

I can't really speak about her AMC death.  I am not a huge Dixie fan, but it was insulting.  I can't say I was much of an AMC watcher at the time.  She returned in the end, so CM probably got over much of her bad feelings about it.

3 minutes ago, carolineg said:

I can't really speak about her AMC death.  I am not a huge Dixie fan, but it was insulting.  I can't say I was much of an AMC watcher at the time.  She returned in the end, so CM probably got over much of her bad feelings about it.

Against AMC, sure. Megan McTavish who wrote it, not so much.

1 hour ago, Vee said:

Against AMC, sure. Megan McTavish who wrote it, not so much.

Cady McClain on McT reminds me of Rosie Prinz on Irna. It's time for her to get over it. Besides, God willing, she has a greater chance of getting hired by anyone over McT.

2 minutes ago, allmc2008 said:

Cady McClain on McT reminds me of Rosie Prinz on Irna. It's time for her to get over it.

Shut up.

1 hour ago, allmc2008 said:

Cady McClain on McT reminds me of Rosie Prinz on Irna. It's time for her to get over it. 

Why?