Days: February 2021 Discussion Thread

• Members

See, maybe it was because I had incredibly low expectations going into those scenes, but I didn't actually hate them. I thought RSW was really making an effort to give inflection and meaning to those Shakespearean lines, which is something he doesn't always do with the blandly expository dialogue he's given on DAYS.

In fact, it was a disappointment when I got to Friday's episode and Ben was back robotically reciting lines like, "Claire, I don't know how, but I'm pretty sure Ciara was having the same dream at the very same time." I'd actually prefer if, from now on, they could just have Ben recite various Shakespeare lines instead: "Claire, we are such stuff as dreams are made on, and our little life is rounded with a sleep... To sleep – to sleep – perchance to dream: ay, there’s the rub, for in that sleep of death what dreams may come when we have shuffled off this mortal coil, must give us pause.’"

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Back when Jan held up Shawn in the cage I swear I remember there was a moment when Shawn begged Jan to not let wet himself again.

Please register in order to view this content

Not surprising fare considering this was around the same time JER was writing pee/poop incidents for both Days & Passions(i.e. Mickey & Julie getting the runs from Bonnie’s spicy chili, Beth crapping herself when she was busted for a lie, Beth’s mom peeing on Beth’s wedding dress to sabotage it etc.)

Edited by soapfan770

• Members

The thing about Ciara and Ben is I buy they are soulmates. I don't even like them much, but I do think they are very much in love.  VK and RSW have good chemistry.  I just don't need to be hit over the head with their psychic connection.  They are never going to be Bo/Hope or John/Marlena.  I don't think they have ever even had an argument lol.  I fully accept them as a decent young pairing (even with him being a serial killer), but I get irritated about them being portrayed as the greatest love of all time.  I think if Ron scaled back on all that crap, a lot of people would like Cin more.  I would like Cin more.  I think Ron is squandering one of the few new(er) pairings with genuine chemistry to play something that isn't there instead of letting the chemistry flow organically.

• Members

I don't remember those moments, but the thing that stuck with me the most out of JER's 2003-2004 run was a big tree stump randomly bleeding while John and Marlena were near it. I hope that scene is on YouTube somewhere just so I know I didn't imagine it.

• Members

Gotta say, Linda Dano is doing a better job as Vivian. I did see some of the bitchiness that the role requires in these last few episodes. 

I'm kind of interested to see Orpheus back on canvas, but honestly, I have no idea why he does the things he does now. What's the reason for him wanting to take Ciara hostage?

And I am really liking Eric Martsolf's Dad bod 

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

I have mixed feelings about this too. I'm glad that Susan is moving the plots along, but if she's going to be gone in a month or whatever, I don't really see the point in having her be the one to do it. I'd rather characters who stick around be the ones to do it.

• Members

Only DAYS, with its Dick Tracy rogues' gallery worth of criminals, could make an episode that cut back and forth between three separate sets of characters in either prison or police custody. (Plus, a guy who's in the hospital after being shot by a completely unrelated set of criminals. And finally, a serial killer who was formerly on death row).