Days: February 2021 Discussion Thread

• Members

I just don't understand all the stupid storyline choices in the last two weeks. As a whole, I thought DAYS has been pretty good these past months. Storylines, characterizations, even the acting for the most part. These past weeks messed a lot of that up, to the point where I have to ask, WTF are these people thinking? And the worst part is that it sounds like there's more stupid mistakes to come. It's days like this that make me wish that the other soaps weren't being preempted.

And don't even get me started on that Romeo and Juliet mess

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by AbcNbc247

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Maybe Ron had COVID when he was writing this. After all, one of the main symptoms is a loss of taste.

Seriously, though, I have a feeling that the show is having to do a lot of rewrites on the fly due to the behind-the-scenes pressures of shooting in the midst of a pandemic that's hitting LA especially hard. For instance, I have trouble believing that the show intended to write a wedding for Steve and Kayla with none of their close friends or family in attendance.

Or what about that weird absent scene in Wednesday's episode, where we never see the actual action climax of the kidnapped twins storyline? We just have Lani and Eli walking in the room telling us that they escaped, overpowered Vivian, and took her gun. That reeks of a last-minute rewrite when they couldn't stage the scene they intended. 

• Members

Lmaooooo maybe

As for your suggestions, I guess that's possible, but at the same time no other soap seems to be having that problem and they're all in the same hard hit area. It could be related to budget issues too. Maybe they couldn't afford to have John and Marlena at Steve and Kayla's wedding because they wasted the budget for that episode on the Ben and Ciara crap lol But I agree that at least Roman should have been at the wedding.

Idk. Corday gave an interview a few months ago in which he said that he's stepped back for the most part and left Ron to his own devices.

• Members

I was liking DAYS for a few months, but the last few weeks to a month have been terrible. I am in the minority but I also think Cady has been terrible as Jennifer. Maybe it's because Jack and Jennifer actually have story and it's Cady and not Missy. Regardless the show sucks right now. Marlena comforting Kristen is enough to be fired.

• Members

I'm a week behind, but that's just sad... What a letdown. 

Re: the Laura history re-write... they actually chose a good point in the timeline (1996) to put the history rewrite in, I'll give them that. It actually coincides with what went down that year. And gosh, they actually mentioned Peter Blake! Good thing Cady McClain is playing the role... 

I hate this new thing DAYS has adopted (as GL did during its final 5 years) where sets just change without explanation. I can excuse people's offices changing completely (Marlena's etc. at the hospital; Hope's etc. at the police station), but Rafe's kitchen used to have a door in the back that supposedly went off to the living room or wherever. Now it's been replaced with a window, and there's a door to the side right. Now, the kitchen is a weird small box with windows all around it.  

Meanwhile, Statesville Prison must be a one-room facility with only one guard. Wow, Kristen escaped so easily with nary a scratch on her, much less a bullet in her back as she tried to flee. Ridiculous. Won't her prison sentence be extended now? Stupid...  I wish they'd cut Stacy Haiduk. Whether she's Kristen or Susan, it's just one big fail. 

Ciara's "glass" cage is so flimsy with those loose plexiglass windows; one swift kick will set her free.  When she was writhing in "pain" from food poisoning, I thought for sure she just needed to let out a big fart and that'll calm her tummy. 

Side note: I had to laugh on Vivian's first episode back where she mentioned she gave birth to Stefan & Jake 30 years ago.  Jake is supposed to be 30? HA!