Days: February 2021 Discussion Thread

• Members

I've seen a pic of Soapsuds in real life, oh a good 15 plus years ago. He even sent me cash(was actually really sweet to do so)when I was broke in college. Will gladly show my pics at now 38 on any of my real life apps, as Ron or Soapsuds will never do. The only pic I received was so blurry Helen Keller would be proud. To even whisper anything about looks is pathetic. Which now would make him around Eric M. age. Shall we compare Soapsuds?  You still living with your parents at 50ish or nah? I am a good looking guy(generally speaking)but nowhere near soap opera good looking and never comment on looks. Freddie Smith also is put down by Soapsuds, never on his best day would even reach his level. Rarely post here but have to speak up. It's pathetic to read such BS when someone knows damn well they can't ever post a legit pic. If the pic I received was blurry 15 years ago I'd imagine Hogan Shaffer these days. Let's call a spade a spade. Wanna share pics on here together Soapsuds?

Edited by KirkB

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I am pretty sure they did not sell it to Abe and Lexie.  I think we were just supposed to pretend it was a different house lol.  Roman probably just took off on his ISA mission and left the house there and made Marlena pay the mortgage lol out of spite.  Seriously though where did Sami live after the affair came out?  With Shawn and Caroline?  At the house?  No wonder she got pregnant at 15.  No one was watching that brat.

• Members

Did Eli & Lani's apartment magically change from a studio to a one-bedroom? I see the bed is gone and they expanded the kitchen and added a couch.  I hate when soaps (GL did it first, now DAYS) change up a set and there's no mention of it; it's just how it is now and anything from the past doesn't matter. Very George Orwell 1984. Remember how Horton Town Square used to be twice as big with a brick staircase (recycled from their old park set) on the right side? 

• Members

I just loved that Penthouse set so much. I hated they got rid of it. Their townhouse set is like the size of their old bedroom, LMAO. It's just ridiculous.

Which house? I believe Lexie and Abe lived in Roman and Marlena's old house for a while but they stopped showing it after Lexie died in 2012. I miss that set too.

LOL, right. The Town Square used to be bigger and had a staircase. I love the nod to Alice and Tom but do we even need it anymore? It's like a poor man's Salem Place. It doesn't really work like it once did. IDK. I'd love some set overhauls. 

I don't think they explained the set change for Lani and Eli. It just happened. LOL. It was needed though; it made no sense they lived on a couch. 

It also seems like we're getting a new DiMera set based on pics circulating on Twitter. So, maybe they have "heard" me LOL

• Members

Marlena's penthouse had a bedroom bigger than my entire house I feel like.  I loved that it had stairs that went somewhere too.

Roman/Marlena's house.  The one that had in the 80's and 90's.  I know Abe and Lexie lived there but I don't think we were supposed to think it was Roman and Marlena's old house.  Just a house the Carvers lived at.  Unless I missed something it was just the same set, but a new house

Edited by carolineg

• Members

Modern-ish. Which makes sense considering a new generation is living there.

I'm trying to find the pictures. One was Ali Sweeney in front of Stefano's portrait which was in a new spot with a modern light fixture it seems. White wood. There's another picture somewhere too.

Ah, that's the one I was thinking of too. I thought I recall Roman (Josh Taylor's version) selling it but I could be imagining it LOL!

• Members

Okay.  I block out basically everything Josh Taylor as Roman but I just remembered him buying it back during the quest for Marlena's love in 1998 ish.  It's the same episode he goes into a random burning house to save a child or some nonsense.  And Marlena was all impressed, but like not enough to stop wanting John lol.  So he could have sold it afterwards to Lexie and Abe, but I seriously can't recall that. And Lexie and Abe are so inconsequential this whole exchange could have happened in one scene and I missed it.

ETA: All I kind find out from the internet is that Lexie and Abe lived at "Carver House #2818"  Whatever that means. 

Edited by carolineg

• Members

Ah, you have a better memory than I do. I confused him buying it back with selling it. LOL. You're 100% right (and sadly right on selling it). I guess they just had them live there. It makes sense Roman would sell it to his buddy Abe but I guess they never seemed to acknowledge it. 

• Members

Lol.  I really liked John and Marlena in the 90's so I have a pretty good memory of their stuff.  I want to say that the house Roman bought back then was not the same set and they showed it from the outside or something and it didn't look right either.  It's not like they used the new set or non set or whatever because 99% of Marlena/Roman scenes occurred in the penthouse or in Marlena's sweet bedroom at the Dimera Mansion.  I actually really liked the Brady house and wish they would have kept it for Sami to live in or something.  Like how they brought the loft back for Brady.  I thought the loft was super cool.  I liked the staircase and the door.  I have fond memories of DHim holding little adorable Brady like a football at that apartment.

Edited by carolineg