Days: February 2021 Discussion Thread

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The start of Charlie's murder mystery is dull af. A total snooze fest. I know we are not going to get Henry Slesar or Doug Marland writing. But it was just crap. Out of nowhere. Ava realized she was a bad mom to Charlie. Which came across as Ava being propped up at Charlie's expense.  Just a slog to sit through. Sami popping up in the end was a good twist.

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

Anyone willing to guess from the outset as to the solution to the Charlie murder mystery?

Will it be (a) a Nora Fulon EON situation wherein he was killed to cover up another secret in a coexisting plot, (b) killed by mistake with someone else as the intended victim, or (c) killed by a non-contract character in order to portray Sami, once again, as being wrongly accused of a crime?

Extra points to anyone who can correctly predict how long it is before we find out the killer.

My main concern with any Carlivati mystery is that usually there is no investigation or clues for the audience to play along.  Ron likes to tease a mystery with an explosive start, then nobody does anything to solve the crime for awhile, and finally there is a long expository dump where the whole thing gets explained.  I think he engenders such an adversarial relationship with the audience because he always plays his proverbial hand to close to the vest.  Bell, Slesar, and Marland either let the audience in on the plot early on by showing the killer and how they got caught, or they allowed there to be red herrings and other mystery devices to maintain the suspense.  I find that I can never predict the outcome of a Carlivati mystery because we never get all of the information until the end of the plotline.

In my opinion, the right scenario would be to use the mystery in order to promote the relationship of Nicole and Rafe.  Nicole could suspect her rival Ava, which could interfere with Rafe's solving the crime.  Sami and John could get over their years of animosity by helping prove each other was innocent.  The secrets of the gambling ring could be blamed for the murder and it could all culminate in a takedown of the Vittali family, creating ongoing issues for Tripp, Ali, and Claire. 

Edited by j swift

• Members

I think we're past the point of recasting Shawn and Belle. If Cook had any interest he would have stuck around in 2015/2016. Kirsten couldn't run from DAYS fast enough. They aren't coming back.

Madison and Beemer are fine. I really don't get the hate for them. Could there have been more "exciting" people cast? Sure. But I think they're very likable in the roles and it's not like they're leads at this point anyway (even though they should be). Kirsten always grated on my nerves as Belle. I do miss Jason Cook, but I like Beemer. I do think both are capable of more but let's be honest, they haven't even been invested in Shawn and Belle to bother for over a decade. And anytime they gain some traction (like with Belle horny for Philip and Chloe/Shawn had some chemistry) they get dumped.

They're actually not that poorly received ... there's been a fairly large cry for both of them to be on the canvas, despite what ya'll think about them. Just saying.

Hey, we can always find Charity Rhamer. Maybe she looks younger than Martha Madison, would that make ya'll happy

Please register in order to view this content

lol 

I know we rehash ALOT as soap fans, but why is this being rehashed? I don't remember the bitching when they were pop ins. Now they're on contract it's a problem again? I'm so confused. I get liking certain actors in roles and not letting it go. I'll never shut up about Heather Tom/Amelia Heinle as Victoria. To each their own LOL. 

What it does tell me: the show isn't interesting enough if we're debating Martha and Brandon STILL. LMAO.

Meanwhile, the show is so poorly produced on top of the whiplash writing ... Albert Alarr can't cut it. The cuts are bad. It's just not produced well at ALL. IMHO. It's just so bad. The sets are bad. Sigh. Almost everything seems to fall flat. The Charlie ending? SOOOO bad. And the followup? LMAO. Lord. A websoap could do better. And these one/two month arcs? Not working. Especially if the characters involved only appear 7 times a month.

She's very very very defensive of the show, which I love her for. Sorry she was such a bitch to you. I can see that with her lol. I do appreciate how loyal she is to the show though.

I know it's probably hard as an actor when fans hate what they're seeing, but the fact is, actors need to understand, we don't always like everything  LOL ... there's a difference between bitching about a story and coming after an actor, which I see a lot of on Twitter and it's disgusting.

Edited by KMan101