June 27, 20215 yr Member https://www.thewrap.com/daytime-emmys-apologize-in-memoriam-mistake/ To be fair, the Oscars and Emmys annually screw up the in-memoriam segment, either leaving someone out or misspelling a name. It seems like an award show tradition. Edited June 27, 20215 yr by j swift
June 27, 20215 yr Member 3 hours ago, BoldRestless said: They published a statement on twitter about the Marguerite Ray situation. I'm cringing and angry for both actresses. I wonder if fan outrage convinced them to do this? I doubt they really care nonetheless.
June 27, 20215 yr Member 2 minutes ago, YRfan23 said: I wonder if fan outrage convinced them to do this? I doubt they really care nonetheless. In our current times, mistaking one black actress for another is tone deaf and gross. I think fan outrage was the only reason they responded.
June 27, 20215 yr Member 44 minutes ago, DRW50 said: In our current times, mistaking one black actress for another is tone deaf and gross. I think fan outrage was the only reason they responded. Agree, that was much worse than this faux pas.
June 27, 20215 yr Member There definitely wouldn't have been a response if fans had not pointed out the mistake because the Emmys would not have ever realized the mistake. They probably just searched for Mamie on Y&R and selected the first picture they could find.
June 28, 20215 yr Member 10 hours ago, dragonflies said: I'm kinda salty they didn't have John Callahan on there either Callahan died last March. He was mentioned at the June Emmy ceremony.
June 28, 20215 yr Member On 6/26/2021 at 11:47 AM, Soapsuds said: How about pronouncing the names correctly? That's always been a problem in ALL award shows... not just the Daytime Emmys. On 6/26/2021 at 11:47 AM, Soapsuds said: And the audience was literally picked off the street. I feel like the audience was CGI, and applause was automated, because it felt like the same tracks were being used. On 6/26/2021 at 8:24 PM, BoldRestless said: They published a statement on twitter about the Marguerite Ray situation. I'm cringing and angry for both actresses. Surely, being ON CBS, the network could've given them actual film footage of Ray's performance from The Young and the Restless, instead of going to Google, typing in "Marguerite Ray," and selecting one of the first images to pop up, which happens to be Victoria Redd.
June 28, 20215 yr Member 12 hours ago, ranger1rg said: Callahan died last March. He was mentioned at the June Emmy ceremony. Oh good, I didn't watch that one, but I'm glad
June 28, 20215 yr Member 6 hours ago, Liberty City said: That's always been a problem in ALL award shows... not just the Daytime Emmys. I mean... Adele Dazeem! And to be entirely fair - not that it makes it any better - mix-ups in In Memoriams segments happen all the time too. Which I would find a reason to be extra strict with the double-checking but there you have it.
June 29, 20215 yr Member 19 hours ago, FrenchBug82 said: I mean... Adele Dazeem! That was bad. Or even Victoria Rowell calling Cady (Kay-dee) McClain "Caddy."
June 30, 20215 yr Member I’m so happy for Cady McClain. She’s forever iconic now!!! Always have imo. @Liberty City I can’t lie that cracked me up!!! Lmao!
June 30, 20215 yr Member 7 hours ago, DemetriKane said: I can’t lie that cracked me up!!! Lmao! Especially when her co-presenter immediately corrected her as the applause began. Haha.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.