2021 Daytime Emmys

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I haven’t read any of the fabulous comments in this thread and am just posting the stream of consciousness notes I took while watching: 

That stage is incredibly small and the canned applause is obvious. 

Jackee and RSW looked great together. 

It’s so good to have clips back

Marla! What a thrill for her and to see her win!

Heather Tom looks awful. Her face and makeup is a mess and the dress looks insane against the backdrop on the stage.

Deidre Hall’s hands look very old.

Mario Lopez was probably very relieved for social distancing so Sheryl couldn’t jump him 

Glad Jeopardy won. 

Sean Kanan’s tie. He looks stuffed into the suit. 

Wrong image for Margeurite Ray - I didn’t know Veronica Redd died 

Thrilled for Cady McClain! Bring her back on contract!

Anyone watched A House Divided? It looked good. How is Studio City? 

Y&R won for writing?! How?!

Maurice. Again. Sigh.

Happy for Jacqueline MacInness Wood. She went ‘ugly’ for her submission and it was all for the best and the win. 

GH won for best show? Is that accurate? Frank Valentini continues to age gracefully. 

• Members

I think we have to remind each other every year that not only are the Daytime Emmys meaningless, but they are based on the submission of singular episodes.

If the only episodes that I watched in 2020 were the denouement of the GH baby switch, or Dina's final episode on Y&R, I would have thought those were great shows.  The panels do not have to consider the other dreck that fills out the show the other 198 episodes per year.  

To me the better question is how anyone could have suffered through even one episode of Larry King's talk show?  I guess we shouldn't speak ill of the dead, but we don't need to reward them either.

• Members

I was surprisingly happy with all the choices except Y&R winning Best Writing. I feel that’ll help keep Josh Griffith around which means I have no interest in watching that show again. 

GH was fantastic last year and deserved that Best Show win. The biggest thrill for me was seeing Cady McClain win as Jennifer. To be a sudden recast of such a popular character is difficult, but she instantly SURPASSED Melissa Reeves. I too hope she’s back on contract!

• Members

Although I don't put any stock in the Emmys like I used to, I have to say the show was decent. It was nice to watch an awards show that wasn't full of politics and grandstanding. Showing as many clips as they did was nice. I do wish some of the "milestones" had been memorable moments of storylines instead...but that's a personal opinion. I was even able to tolerate Sheryl and I can't stand her or anyone from The Talk. 

• Members

Agreed! 

Yup!

Because Larry was so fugly? They get their looks from their mama.

I already knew about them before last night. I knew they were adorable hot as [!@#$%^&*] for a while now.

How about pronouncing the names correctly?

And the audience was literally picked off the street.

And Maurice looked like a homeless man.

Edited by Soapsuds