2021 Daytime Emmys

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I'm happy for Cady, Max and Marla. Victoria and Jacqueline too. Victoria has always had potential as Ciara but she's nothing but a Ben prop. Cin fans better clutch their pearls because now that she has that Emmy ... lol

So Steffy's drug addiction story was cut short because it was 'too dark'. Really? Yet the same show can lock someone in a cage and have murders of the month? Wave guns around? (Though I always believed they were never committed to it, truly, anyway - the actress was - it was a plot device to introduce Finn and their romance)

This is seriously one of the biggest issues for our soaps. They've never been allowed to be truly progressive. It's such a shame. Not saying they should be as dark and depressing/"real" as the Brit soaps (I know Labine's GH bordered on depressing, yet there was always romance and humor as well) but I think a middle ground would work. Yet some couldn't stand the AMC/OLTL revivals in 2013 and they tried to tackle real stories. We just can't seem to win. 

Edited by KMan101

• Members

Did someone call Nancy Lee Grahn, Nancy Lee Graham during the show? I thought I saw it mentioned on Twitter last night.

I didn't see most of the show but it seemed like the camera shots were tightly focused on a very small group of spectators to make it look like a full audience. I wonder if they taped the audience shots all in one sitting, then spliced the footage in during various segments to make it look like the presenters appeared in front of a live audience. The little that I saw, it looked as if only Sheryl Underwood appeared onstage in front of an actual audience and even then, the angle looked weird, kind of, off.

It should be obvious that the soap categories are the least cared about- a complete reversal of when the soap stars provided all the glam and were the main event.

The show was just kind of a mess overall.