2021 Daytime Emmys

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

How are the Daytime Emmy's still a thing?

I know they were back on CBS after being shuffled off network for years, then being hosted by singing "news" anchors, and finally being streamed on some obscure website.  However, I'm sure there is more value in being named the Walmart Customer of the Month than a Daytime Emmy.

I am willing to bet that more people read the posting on this discussion board about the best/worst of 2020 than will watch the Daytime Emmy ceremony this year.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Members

The nominees. GH got 17, DAYS got 7, Y&R and B&B got five apiece LOL!

OUTSTANDING DRAMA SERIES
The Bold and the Beautiful (CBS)
Days of Our Lives (NBC)
General Hospital (ABC)
The Young and the Restless (CBS)

OUTSTANDING LIMITED DRAMA SERIES
The Bay (Popstar TV)
Beacon Hill(ReelWomensNetwork.com)
A House Divided (UMC)
Studio City (Amazon Prime)

LEAD ACTRESS IN A DRAMA SERIES
Melissa Claire Egan (Chelsea, Y&R)
Genie Francis (Laura, GH)
Nancy Lee Grahn (Alexis, GH)
Finola Hughes (Anna/Alex, GH)
Jacqueline MacInnes Wood (Steffy, B&B)

LEAD ACTOR IN A DRAMA SERIES
Maurice Benard (Sonny, GH)
Steve Burton (Jason, GH)
Thorsten Kaye (Ridge, B&B)
Wally Kurth (Justin, Days)
Dominic Zamprogna (Dante, GH)

SUPPORTING ACTRESS IN A DRAMA SERIES
Marla Adams (Dina, Y&R)
Tamara Braun (Ava, Days)
Carolyn Hennesy (Diane, GH)
Briana Henry (Jordan, GH)
Courtney Hope (Sally, B&B)

SUPPORTING ACTOR IN A DRAMA SERIES
Darin Brooks (Wyatt, B&B)
Max Gail (Mike, GH)
Bryton James (Devon, Y&R)
Jeff Kober (Cyrus, GH)
James Patrick Stuart (Valentin, GH)

YOUNGER PERFORMER IN A DRAMA SERIES
Tahj Bellow (TJ, GH)
Victoria Konefal (Ciara, Days)
Alyvia Alyn Lind (Faith, Y&R)
Katelyn MacMullen (Willow, GH)
Sydney Mikayla (Trina, GH)

GUEST PERFORMER IN A DRAMA SERIES
Kim Delaney (Jackie, GH)
George DelHoyo (Orpheus, Days)
Briana Lane (Brooklynn, GH)
Cady McClain (Jennifer, Days)
Victoria Platt (Amanda, Days)

WRITING TEAM FOR A DRAMA SERIES
The Bold and the Beautiful
General Hospital
The Young and the Restless

DIRECTING TEAM FOR A DRAMA SERIES
The Bold and the Beautiful
Days of Our Lives
General Hospital
The Young and the Restless

Edited by Faulkner

• Members

Ok, I think we can agree that the Daytime Emmys have always been a bit wanky.  At this point, including the mid-1980s, they have not been broadcast as often as they have aired on TV.  The nominations and voting are notoriously suspect, and more people probably viewed this forum's best and worst lists than watched the show when it was on The CW.  There is zero evidence that it effects ratings and it is consistently the most low rent red carpet in celebrity magazines.

This year's eye roll moment came from Tam'ron Hall who submitted as "informative talk show" and "informative talk show host" in an effort to get a nomination against most of her competition who submitted as "entertainment talk show" and "entertainment talk show host".  I defy anyone to report what "information" they've gleaned from Ms. Hall's talk show, which has included her mother as guest on multiple occasions.  I look forward to next year when Wendy Williams (who sadly lost out to a show about eating hot sauce) submits for "outstanding culinary host" in order to gain a nomination.  

Edited by j swift

• Members

Ouch..Ron didn't get nominated for Days..OOOOOhhh. Days had its worst year of the Ron years.  And this year is shaping up to be even worse with the Kristin masks story, Jan/Charlie murder..

Laughable that anyone other than Genie was nominated. NLG chews scenery and the younger set of "actors" don't act; they pose and recite badly.  Even Max Gail (and I know this is unpopular) was not a high caliber performer as Daddy Corinthos.  

Woods/Steffy? Seriously?  Is there an award for botox/filler horror show? 

• Members

Marla Adams and Alyvia Alyn Lind are the only bright spots in this sad sack list. If Marla wins, she'll be the first winner in the acting categories over age 80 at the time of their win. If Alyvia or Sydney Mikayla win, they'll be the first winner in the acting categories born in the 2000s.

It's nomination #6 for both Thorsten Kaye and Melissa Claire Egan. They have the longest losing streaks of the nominees.

Edited by kalbir

• Members

I bet Ron is not very happy.

Some of these category placements are head scratching, but a few are nice noms.  Time will tell.

Remember when you could watch the nominee clip, and get some idea of the story from what they showed?  Now I’m not so sure.

• Members

I accept the nominations for Lead Actor and Actress, but honestly, who the hell picked the nominees for the other categories?? Jeff Kober? Seriously?

And yeah, I know I sound like a stan but Mike Manning was robbed, and so were Lindsay Arnold and William Lipton.

Have to admit though that I'm kind of surprised that Days didn't get a writing nomination. After the Princess Gina/Stevano crap ended, I actually thought the writing was pretty good last year through the spring and summer and into the fall. 

Edited by AbcNbc247