ABC: ‘All My Children’: Kelly Ripa, Mark Consuelos Developing Primetime Version

• Replies 425
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Considering how early in development this seems to be, I think we'd be lucky if the show got a pilot order. It's also possible the script is so amazing they'll go ahead and give a series order based on the script, but I can't see them doing that for a soap reboot in primetime. Most likely we won't hear anything about it though.

• Members

It would have to be horrid to not get picked up IMO. It seems like a sure thing and not likely to be needed to be included in the normal pick up stuff. It has a built in audience and is easy to market. 

I mean, numerous cast members are reuniting on that E! Reunion Road Trip thing. AMC/Pine Valley is a *name* engrained in Pop Culture.

I mean, look at how many stars this show has created. Michael B. Jordan, Amanda Seyfried, Josh Duhamel (Gellar to a lesser extent but still forever engrained in pop culture as Buffy) ... etc. Not to mention Susan Lucci, Cameron, Eva, Kelly, Mark, Debbi, Darnell etc. are all successful and recognized.

I have no concerns about this. If it's meant to be, it will be.

People watched the 'revivals' on Hulu. If done right this could do very well. Or completely flop. LOL.

Edited by KMan101

• Members

It's not exactly in development since they haven't even ordered it to pilot yet. There's just a script at this point and by all accounts it's not even been sent out to reviewers. I do think this all came out way too early if it's still going ahead.

• Members

ABC Passed On Pilots Not Inclusive Enough: https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/tv/tv-news/dana-walden-says-abc-passed-on-pilots-for-not-being-inclusive-enough-4165849/

I mention this article because we know daytime soaps have a history of being lily white and ignoring their large black audience in particular. Hopefully the Pine Valley reboot is serious about featuring the Santos and Hubbard clans in a substantial way because if not, she’s making it clear she’s not going to be picking up non-diverse shows. Four out of the five shows ABC picked up have a majority black cast. AMC has the legacy and enough name minority actors to make this work. We just have to hope they don’t have that daytime mindset of keeping the black people in the background. 

Edited by Chris B

• 1 month later...