ABC: ‘All My Children’: Kelly Ripa, Mark Consuelos Developing Primetime Version

• Replies 425
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

You and me both. That was the last time I honestly enjoyed YR. He did the impossible and made me Stan for Cricket too, he was giving her Emmy worthy material! Pratt’s AMC could have been really epic if he had an EP who cared, and just educated him on the some important beats, I.E. making Jesse’s daughter 5 years younger and maybe tying her to someone from Jesse past like Yvonne/Vera?! 

Pratt is far from perfect, but his canvas was fun tv. I was always eager to watch, and entertained for at least 8 months. He brought the show back to its comedic roots, balanced the show, made it fast paced again, saved the character of Annie, saved the character of Amanda, he made me care for Bobbie Eakes again,  he had some interesting family dynamics(Bianca/Josh), had Erica on the make again, his gay romance broke new ground because from my viewpoint Reese was Bisexual, and they made tv history, he did a story about a war vets, he played his black characters, there was a haves vs the have nots vibe, I even enjoyed the hospital politics between Angie and David before he was let go! For some reason, the soap press was pushing this agenda, that AMC was the worst show ever, and the fans jumped on the bandwagon and eventually got him fired. Even though his writing improved the ratings a bit. I find it interesting that the last four soaps look as bad as they do and nobody is on a Champaign to get them cut!

@vetsoapfan LMAO, we can agree to disagree. I just feel if we can give Ron C passes, we can do the same for Pratt! 

Edited by DemetriKane

• Members

Eh, I'd say both Pratt and Ron have the exact same issues with writing - they can write exciting stuff for a few months, but are usually unable to keep it up and usually dwindle into nonsensical camp (rather than good camp).

• Members

The last time I could say I enjoyed Pratt was the early part of his GH run with Guza.  They managed to make the show mostly entertaining without being as depressingly dark as Guza solo was.

It was trashy, but it was fun trash.  His tone always seemed a terrible fit for Y&R and AMC to me.