ABC: ‘All My Children’: Kelly Ripa, Mark Consuelos Developing Primetime Version

• Replies 425
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...
  • Members

For those who think Pine Valley is dead, ABC started working on this in December and according to the article, they had to “rush” and order this to pilot because Blair Underwood had other offers. 

This says to me that, as I expected, Pine Valley was intended for the 2022-2023 season and if that’s the case there is still plenty of time for it a pilot to be ordered since upfronts isn’t until May 2022. 

Of course there are no guarantees, but hope is still alive. 

• Members

I mean, shows can literally stay in development for years and years if the network wants to make it work. It's not unusual. If they've indicated to the ones who've worked so far with the script etc that it's still in contention, then it's still in contention.

Not saying that I necessarily believe it will come to fruition, but it doesn't mean it's dead because it's quiet.

• 2 months later...
  • Members

I think a revival of AMC could be interesting. I read Susan Lucci has interest in it.

A prime time soap or something about Beyond Salem could be good. I'd like to see a revival of old soaps. I miss them too much.

(Just a little Off Topic: I wonder why TheCW and Netflix don't do a remake of Dallas with original characters but in modern day setting, like Dynasty... it could be an interesting soap Universe)

• Members

Personally, I'd be down for a "Falcon Crest" reboot, because I think it (and "Knots Landing") has a premise that could work today, but I'd be so afraid that it would suffer the same identity crisis that the original series suffered.  

• Members

I wouldn't mind if ABC would take a stab at doing a Ryan's Hope reboot for Primetime. I would of course have it set in Washington Heights and have the cast be diverse. Perhaps make Delia and Bob Afro-Latino. 

I mean the reboot to LA Law finally got picked up ... well for a pilot. but it's probably going to go forward. I can see them maybe picking up Pine Valley for perhaps a Mid-Season or Summer run if the series does get a series order. 

Edited by Forever8