Days: December 2020 Discussion Thread

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I was disappointed by the Horton Christmas Eve eppy.  I loved that Eli & Lani got so much focus, but the rest of the episode was devoted to Ben's pain!  And I noticed that they didn't include ANY interaction between him and Jenn, not even a look.  Wonder WHY?!?  And the writers were acting like Ben had no idea what happened with the ornaments . . . Ben was there celebrating with Abby before he went necktie psycho!  God, the lengths this show goes to for Ben?!?  I also thought the Rafe/Nicole stuff did not belong in this episode, but I guess they snuck in his connection to Hope to make it work?  And I get that Shawn & Belle would skip the party after their wedding, but I was disappointed that Abby, Chad, Lucas, Will, Maggie, and Sarah weren't there.  I hope it was because of Covid and not because of misguided priorities.

The Brady episode was nice, but still no Shawn.  I hadn't realized just how depleted this family has become.  The Allie/Sami scenes were intense.  Even though this story is providing great emotional moments, it's still so tone deaf and irresponsible.  On today's episode, Marlena, a psychiatrist, rape survivor herself, and Allie's grandmother, coaxing John to cut Steve slack was really mind blowing.  It made it look even more insane that later in the episode, she was consoling Allie.  Ron is SO all over the place with this story.  Anyway, I'm not sorry to see Joey go, but I'm very glad they tied up this loose end.  It would've been nice to see him and Claire interact to give a nod to the 2015 teen scene--she could've mourned Ciara with Joey, not freaking Ben.

Always great to see Val.  Why isn't she on full-time?!?

• Members

Shoddy even by DAYS' standards? I think that by DAYS' standards, it's not even the most irresponsible rape-related storyline they've got currently running. I mean, this is the show where we're supposed to root for Brady's undenying love for the woman who raped his stepbrother. 

• Members

Totally agree about Kristen—everything involving her is NUTS and her history is being really contradicted to not only make her pairing with Brady work, but her friendship with Lani, too.

But the Allie/Tripp story would be irresponsible anytime, but right now there is a cultural reckoning to hold men accountable for their sexual transgressions against women and to dispel this attitude that women have anything coming to them for being drunk or “promiscuous.”  This story is literally about a girl who was too drunk to remember who raped her and who’s now falsely accusing the wrong guy who needs to be vindicated.  It feels like a controversial response to the #metoo movement.  Much like that Blue Lives Matter story with JJ/Theo, I have NO idea why THIS is what Ron is going for.

• Members

Obviously Ben got to be part of the Horton Christmas tree hanging at the expense of actual Hortons like Abby and Lucas. It's already pretty ridiculous that he's there with Jennifer but having Abby and Lucas there also acting like Ben is a regular staple of the family probably would have tipped the scales

• Members

Part of me thinks Ron Carlivati has designed the story in such a way to provoke exactly the range of reactions he's receiving.  The other part...?  It thinks Ron doesn't know how to read the [!@#$%^&*] culture.

• Members

Well, this is a woman who was one of Ben's biggest supporters even though she was stalked by a serial killer who killed her twin sister and had a cousin killed by another serial killer. She's either the most tolerant woman in the world or has a very bad memory.