GH November 2020 Discussion

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dev started out strong. Then started to fizzle out. The kid had potential. If GH were a British soap. They so would've gone there with Dev & Cam. His death reminds me of Guza's killing spree. With young characters like Emily. Logan, Georgie ,Cooper and Sage to name a few. And of course we have to be forced to see Sonny dealing with the explosion. And Dev's death. Because he always has to be at the center of everything. Of course all the wrong characters will be killed off. This is modern era GH. I was never a fan of Guza's. But his explosions/shootings etc. Where all always better than Frank's. All this dark violence is so beyond played out at this point. #RIPDEV #RIPTheFloatingRIB #RIPDUSTIN

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by victoria foxton

• Members

I liked him too. He had much better chemistry with Joss and with Cam than Oscar did. I would have loved to have seen a Dev and Cam pairing lol

But they botched him completely. The constant changes in his character really messed him up. And now that he's dead, it's like his character never had any purpose at all. He was practically a non-player.

To me, it seems like the actor was hired before the character was even created which usually turns out to be a problem. 

It should be. I know it's usually posted on ABC.com around this time, but I'm not completely sure about the app.

• Members

I laughed when Liz rolled over, coughed a little then went into nurse mode. I really can't with this show most of the time. Her kid is a few feet away and she's yelling for Franco. 

I wasn't a Dev fan but having only three in the teen scene really limits their stories. I have no use for Josslyn aka Frank's new Starr. And, of course, his dying words was an apology to Joss. How long until we're seeing weeks of her grief and guilt. 

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

A little surprised about the timing of killing a teen quadrangle (Joss/Cam/Trina/Dev - and Dev’s actions weren’t exposed although he was just about to confess) and a triangle (Dante/Lulu/Dustin - who was just proposing). 

Re: below, I don’t have the app, but GH is on Hulu and it is also On Demand.

Edited by Darcy

• Members

I get the feeling the show had a strong idea for Dev but it hinged on Dante or a backstory with his parents.  I am thinking they may have wanted to make him Sonny's son possibly with Brenda and someone realized that was stupid and/or VM said no and then FV had no idea what to do with him, sent him off for a bit, and then just decided screw it and killed  him off.  It's weird because the show seemed very into him in the beginning.

Dustin lasted longer because of Dante, I think.  He was always basically a throw away character, but when DZ decided to come back they made it more.  With ER leaving there is truly nothing for him to do, so I am okay with him getting killed off.  It's odd they completely changed directions with the story, but it doesn't bother me.

Neither death really bothers me or has any effect on story.  Sonny barely blinked when Dev died and him and Carly felt very satisfied they gave him a home for a couple of years lol.  It's weird for the teens to lose another contemporary so soon after Oscar.