GH November 2020 Discussion

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I remember idiots insisting Dev was Alec Barrett. Alec? Alec, son of a global supermodel/philanthropist, who is suddenly living on the streets in the Middle East?

The kid was wasted, but so is the girl playing Trina who has real chemistry with the boy playing Cam. In the 90s (or even the early 2000s, potentially, if Frons had just watched something on primetime) you'd have seen them become a key young couple. Today they're sacrificed on the altar of Frank spending his entire tenure chasing the 18-34 or whatevers, desperate to recreate OLTL's white-led teen scene, first with Molly who he brutally discarded when he realized no one liked the white Cole Thornhart-adjacent twink he hired to play opposite her, then with middling actress Joss and a series of also white teen boys. First there was Oscar, the single worst actor I have ever seen watching this show for over 25 years, and now he's chained the very talented kids playing Cam and Trina to her. The show is just a waste.

• Members

All Of This!!!

I wouldn't mind if they eventually cast a decent young actor to play Spencer and have him and Trina have a romance during their college years at PCU. They can be a modern throwback to Nikolas and Gia almost twenty years ago. It seems they're stuck on the idea of having Cam being in a chemistry-free pairing with Joss. 

• Members

It would be more bold for Frank to just recast him and then make Spencer bisexual. It's not like they haven't written that kid as a flaming little queen for years. Then they can actually pull the trigger, get a slightly older kid to play Aiden and make him trans/genderfluid to get some eyeballs on the show, but that would be too risky when you can just have that one dayplayer doctor at the hub set every few weeks/months, right?

Frank will be running scared from the Winter of Kish for the rest of his career, probably one of the best things he or OLTL ever did and a moment I was truly proud of. He followed that up by freaking out over numbers, firing everyone non-str8 or non-white on the show and hiring three separate white guys to play str8 hunks romancing the women and dominating the airtime (at least one, ironically, played by a very obviously gay actor). And he followed that up by marginalizing and sidelining LGBT and POC story forever after, because he took the lesson of 2009 to mean it was time to stay home with the red states for good. This is 2020. Daytime soaps on daytime television are all but dead. You are not going to drastically move the needle any further than it already is by still hunting for Kristen Alderson's meager audience share from 2007. So why does he keep sticking with a formula that barely ever worked? I guess when you're this set in your ways and you came up under Paul Rauch determined to survive him by any means necessary, that stays with you.

Edited by Vee

• Members

I never thought he was Brenda's kid, although I would love to hear an explanation of how Brenda lost her kid again this time in the Middle East lol.  But it did feel like it was going somewhere with his parents and a possible connection to Sonny, so I assume the show at least had some vague idea where it was going.

I don't think EM as Joss is bad, she is just so average and boring, like you said.  Carly's daughter should be a little spunkier and exciting.  We already have boring ass Michael as Carly's good, perfect spawn.   I have always thought Trina was the more interesting of the two even when she was barely the sidekick and Cameron has always been good.  It does feel like Joss is Starr 2.0, but even Starr got more interesting material even if it was stupid.

• Members

She's not a terrible actress. She's just not good enough to warrant lead stardom. But because she's white and under 25, Frank has gone all in on finally finding his new Starr analog and has centered a huge portion of his show around her and that old paradigm.

• Members

I want to cut Eden slack because I know she is super young and she is a great fit lookswise as Carly/Jax's kid, but she is the quintessential bland, blonde, young heroine.   She kinda reminds me of Sarah Webber in her first run.  She was fine and everything, but everyone else around her was more interesting and everyone was obsessed with Sarah for a minute when she was so boring.

• Members

I hated all of that too. Not only no more KISH. It was goodbye Rachel who I was enjoying on screen and was rooting for a possible Rachel/Schuyler romance that seem it was about to happen. Before the massive cast cull. 

Edited by Forever8

• Members

Wondering this too. I was sitting there thinking, show us don't tell us. 

And it goes without saying we won't get a throwback episode for Thanksgiving

Please register in order to view this content

. If we did this would be the perfect time to showcase any critical episodes in the David Hamilton storyline to coincide with Cyrus' plan.

Edited by ironlion