Days: October 2020 Discussion Thread

• Members

I'm starting to watch these post-covid episodes and for the DAYS budget, I'm sort of impressed - I noticed that they're trying to play with shadows a lot more and camera angles and not pushing dolls on actors. It's sad that we have such a low standard but there it is.

Correction: I was initially impressed and then it just got lazy and weird. Oh WELL.

Edited by te.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Loved Lucas telling Kate today about Allie's rape and her instantly going into Grandma Bear Mode.

I will never get over Marlena talking about Christian being a murderer and trying to get Will, when she's the champion defender of the guy that actually murdered Will. It's one of the major writing flaws that will never not annoy me.

• Members

Lucas and Kate have always been great together. I used to hate them both so much when I was little, but over the years they've grown on me lol to the point where I look forward to watching episodes with the two of them.

They deserve to be on the show. I'm glad Lucas is going to be sticking around for a while.

• Members

Yeah. The whole reason for this blackout storyline was to get the show back on schedule after the shutdown.

There are some differences in these episodes though. There are no background extras at the hospital, or the police station or HTS, and there was some distancing, just not so much that it looked obvious and awkward. 

• Members

I agree. This social distancing is not noticeable at all.

The distancing on Y&R and B&B is awkward as hell. Today on Y&R, Chance sees Abby at the end and doesn’t hug her let alone kiss her??? They stay 6 feet apart??? It doesn’t work. The writers would’ve been better off with a phone call between them.

• Members

There was a crew member that tested postive, not a cast member.

I can notice it sometimes, but Corday did say that a lot would depend on the comfortability of the scene partners essentially. I haven't watched all week, but the Chad / Abby scenes it was sort of noticeable when they were in their bedroom with very little touching. But I think it helps they haven't done with Y&R/B&B has and attempted to do many love scenes.

Edited by te.

• Members

Say what you will about Days, but I'm pretty sure it's the only show on television where you'll see a sixty-something woman using her sex appeal as a bargaining chip to get her great-grandson back from her babysnatching escaped convict ex-boyfriend. And also the only genre where you'll see her reach into her purse for a pacifier, then pull out a gun and shoot him. While still carrying the baby in her other hand.

Please register in order to view this content