Days: October 2020 Discussion Thread

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

If Sweeney is taping in October she should show up in November, December at the latest. People are so used to the show filming so far ahead that they just assume she'll be off for several months now.

Edited by te.

• Members

I'm a little wary about how they're going to handle this false allegation of rape storyline. The very first thing they should do is have Tripp and the baby tested to prove paternity, but we all know how reliable blood tests are on soaps.

I hate that I can only catch the show on Mondays. Anyone know of any online resources?

• Members

Yeah, I'm thinking another partygoer trailed them and snuck in while Allie was passed out and raped her. Or if they go dangerously Maury with it, she had another sexual encounter on a different date that to the best of her knowledge/will doesn't fit the timeline.

• Members

This Tripp/Allie story absolutely shouldn't be happening.  It will be mishandled and is completely irresponsible at any time, but esp. now.

I've been enjoying "Days" for most of the year . . . but since summer when there was an obvious shift, I agree with lots of others that it has REALLY improved with the cast and story changes.  However, imo, it has felt kinda aimless . . . there are a lot of great beats played with the right characters, but I see very few real stories.  The show is in a serious state of transition that's working, but there has to be a long-term plan.

This may be unpopular, but the only return that isn't working for me is shockingly and disappointingly JKJ as Philip.  He's great with Belle & Shawn still, but his scenes with literally everyone else (including Lauren Koslow and John Aniston!) seem just sorta "off" . . . I hope this turns around because we've all been wanting this for nearly ten years.  Also, the beat they shockingly didn't play during JPL's stint was Philip/Claire.  I can't believe RC has Phil "protecting Belle's family" and they haven't acknowledged this super important, character-defining connection.  The other elephant in the room is no one mentioning Sydney (except Sami, and it was honestly glazed over) amidst this lovely Nicole/Allie relationship.  I mean what the actual F?!?  lol

• Members

I think that RC has mostly been good for "Days," esp. following Griffith & Higley.  But he has crazy missed the mark on whatever attempt he thinks he's making at current events/seriously important social movements.  Last year, they literally made a soapy, funny joke out of #MeToo on "Chad and Abby in Paris."  And while I thought JJ/Theo was a powerful, compelling STORYLINE (though totally plot-driven), it wasn't JUST a storyline.  It was impossible not to read it as social commentary and the fact that anyone in charge of this show thought a Blue Lives Matter storyline was a good idea.......... I'll leave that there.

They should not be touching this with a ten foot pole.  Tripp will likely be vindicated and, again, there's no way to not read this as social commentary on #MeToo, women accusing men, blurry consent, etc.  These are conversations we should be having with our friends and family, and in a larger social, legal platform . . . but the messaging from a soap with a BAD track record with this stuff will never move this forward in any positive way.  It'll be the exact opposite outcome.  It's reckless and irresponsible.  And if it isn't and Tripp is guilty . . . holy $hit, what a waste of Lucas Adams AGAIN.  If they actually write and produce an effective date rape story, the perp shouldn't be a character played by an actor with his potential.  Just my opinion.

• Members

I said it in the spoiler thread, but I feel like they might end up saying they both were drugged or something so that the baby is his (and gives it a strong familial connection), but he's not technically guilty of rape since he was drugged too. They end up bonding blah blah blah. Whatever. Soaps really shouldn't do rape stories because historically they've rarely been done well and with Ron at the helm I have no doubts this'll be a mess. I guess at least it gives a lot of characters reasons to interact, so there's that.

• Members

I’ve binged Lani and Eli’s wedding up to Abby’s return in September. I hope to be caught up soon. Normally I watch the Bell soaps, but post-Covid they’ve been horrible so I decided to check out GH and Days which have been fun. 

Ron is Ron, but I’ve enjoyed how fresh the canvas feels with people constantly coming and going. Days is smart with how they do that. You had Vivian, Valerie and Eve making short term returns, Sami, Bonnie, Abby, Belle and Shawn all making more meaningful returns. Resting Gabby and Rafe finally. It’s been really fun! I also feel personally that just having Allison Sweeney on the show enhances it so much. No matter how bad the writing may be, she just elevates the show in a way not many people can. I feel like she’s a large part of why this binge has been so easy.