Days: October 2020 Discussion Thread

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Idk. I'd hate to see Sami ruined in order to prop Ben. That's happened to more than enough characters lol

And now the bedding of Jake might make it even worse for Kate

A break was definitely needed. They really didn't know what to do with Hope after her marriage to Rafe ended. I feel that by resting the character, it could open new storyline possibilities for Shawn and other Hortons as well.

Melissa, and Nathan and Jeremy too can easily be brought back to keep the Horton family front and center.

• Members

Why?  I kind of like Roman/Kate.  Although I don't think Roman would ever go for a woman like Kate.  It's weird that I can believe John would go for a woman like Kate even though he was Roman lol. Marlena was too "independent" for WN's Roman, so I have a hard time believing a man with sexiest moral values would go after a former hooker, but JT isn't Roman at all to me so I just thought they had decent chemistry.  And were a nice, stable pairing.   But again Roman was married to Anna, so maybe that not much of a stretch.

I don't want to drag Jennifer or MR (outside MR's beliefs- I am just talking about acting/character) but Jennifer is a much more classic heroine than Hope.  I think her overall character is a little easier to take on than Hopes.  Missy Reeves brings herself which makes the character charming, but Jennifer on paper isn't really that hard to portray.  Hope's a little deeper.  

I will say I was watching the scene where Stephanie Cameron takes over Jen in Jude's office and Missy had played the same scene basically the day before, and the difference was obviously glaring, but SC didn't bother me long run.

I get that Hope without Bo is easier to recast because she was kinda just there or playing Gina for years.  Hope has more of a handicap than Marlena or Kayla.  It would be sad with no Jarlena or Stayla, but I feel like they could keep them occupied in other roles without their pairings and they just seemed to want to push Hope onto the next love interest.  

• Members

There's the first reason being that I wouldn't want JT's Roman with anyone or even on the show in the first place. I do think Roman would be interested in Kate. He's always liked a challenge. I don't think she'd see much in him though. I did buy her with John, but obviously that was never going to be long term. Most importantly, I will always be chaffed by the fact that we have never gotten a proper exploration of a Bill/Kate relationship. He is definitively the love of her life. After him, every man she's ever been with hasn't been real love. It's been for power, security, a thrill, loneliness, but never love. Bill/Laura would be endgame, but we should/deserved to have seen that triangle play out. It could have been golden. 

• Members

Just my opinion, but Bill for the win for me. I think Victor was for power. Lucas is her love child, her favourite child. But like I alluded to, they shouldn't be end game either. And everyone knows, Caroline was the love of Victor's life. My opinion is just based on the actual characters though on paper. As for actual actor chemistry, I do agree Koslow and Hogestyn had a lot of it. Koslow rarely falters in that area, neither does Hogestyn for that matter. But the show was never going to go there permanently, so it's a moot point. But at least we get so see him do her from behind. #memories

To bring it back, it still remains that the whole John/Roman/Melaswen saga was her last great hurrah as a character, in terms of a full arc. As soon as Rex/Cassie were stupidly taken away from being Tony/Marlena's kids, the throw it at the wall and see what sticks mentality began.

• Members

That was a hard day for some many reasons lol in Jarlena fandom, but I feel like John/Marlena are fairly kinky as well or at least the show makes us want to feel like that.

I know the show would never go there permanently but it's always felt like a missed opportunity?  Like why go there to begin with to just completely drop it forever and ever?

• Members

I can see that happening. JER never really explored that Bill/Kate dynamic in detail. Once Laura exposed Kate and Bill's affair, he ran out of town with his tail between his legs. If he stayed on the canvas, Kate could have turned to Bill again as Victor and Vivian got closer. Throwing Laura into that mix would have good as well.

I don't think Victor is the love of Kate's life either. If he truly was, she wouldn't have been able to try to kill him as easily as she did in 2000-2001.

I think pairing John and Kate was just a plot point for the rehashed John/Marlena/Roman triangle that JER tried to do. He did recycle a lot of the same storylines from his first run as head writer during his second run.

Edited by AbcNbc247

• Members

If I want to watch Dixie or Rosanna..I'll watch old AMC or ATWT.  Cady is a miscast, she's the all wrong for Jennifer.

Jennifer is a hot head, gives as good as she gives..which MR and to a lesser extent Cameron gave.  Cady just doesn't have the tools to do that...she was lackluster on Y & R  because she wasn't Kelly...same as with Days and Jennifer.

• Members

Making Peter Blake her father would be genius.  This is my thought:

After leaving Salem, Peter hooked up with someone, possibly a Jenn lookalike or something just for kicks that he treated like crap.  She ended up pregnant and maybe dies in labor, leaving him Gwen.  Hearing that J & J are reunited, he plots his revenge by telling Gwen that Jennifer is her real mother and that she can't be with them because of Jack and Abigail.  Over the years, he plants these seeds in her head until he determines she's ready to be his tool to exact revenge, like while was in the coma after getting married.  Gwen comes to town to eliminate Abigail so she can be with her "mother".  Jack gets in the way and so she tried to eliminate him, too.  Peter has either truly died or faked his death so he can watch his daughter do his dirty work.  The truth does come out and she bonds with Kristen and Stefan.

• Members

@KMan101 I do agree that Belle and Jan were amazing during the blackout. I have felt that the show has been missing something without Belle and Shawn, especially with Claire around. Having them back has added *so* much to the show. I feel like they, along with Phillip and Chloe should always be around. I can’t wait to fast forward a few months when we will have that five back plus Sami. If Ron continues to write them well then it could give him a lot of momentum going forward. 

• Members

I would have loved to see that story played out. I thought there was some hope when they recast Bill for Alice's funeral and Kate and Bill shared scenes. Seeing a triangle with Bill/Kate/and a pissed off Laura would have been great. It would have created Lucas/Jennifer conflict and would work towards making the Hortons feel more like a family versus scattered relatives.

• Members

I agree completely. I've wanted them back for so long. They belong on the canvas. It was ridiculous they were guest stars/pop-ins. I do feel like Ron or Ryan seem to want them on the canvas. It has added a lot. We need that generation represented.

Also looking forward to Sami.

It's kind of a shame we have a meh Abby and a meh Claire as they are knee deep in storyline though.

Right?  I was thinking the same thing. It was really stupid of the show to not beef up the Horton's during that time. I would have if I were in charge. Not to mention Kate was forced into marriage with Stefano (they weren't some great love as the show likes to pretend) at the time. It writes itself. But nooooo. 

I am not liking this new style. I go to edit my post and I end up quoting myself and editing the quote. WTF?