GH: AMC FAVE Joins Cast

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Certainly not going to be anything great. #firefrank keeps his mitts on everything.  Even when some scripts are good, he manages to take what little momentum they start to have and squash it.

I'm with those that feel she'd be great as Liz's mother, but agree totally when she comes in as Finn's stepmonster.

And no a wink wink scene from #firefrank where Delaney and Knight say "dont I know you?"  is thoroughly not welcome.

• Members

Kim Delaney's coming back to daytime after all these years as some damn recast?  I don't think so -- and GH would be fools to go that route, too.

I just can't believe that with all these shows on TV right now -- not just on the networks, but cable and streaming as well -- that she picks this time to return to soaps.  Especially when the genre is on its last legs.  Did she lose a bet or something?

Edited by Khan

• Members

True dat.  If Marg Helgenberger turns up on Y&R as Jack's new love interest, I won't be a bit surprised.

So, should we place wagers on who will be GH's next big get?  My money's on Swoosie Kurtz! 

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by Khan

• Members

Also, despite the fact that there are a multitude of TV platforms now (broadcast, cable, streaming, etc.) the trend is to hire "movie" stars for those jobs.  Effectively, "TV" actors like Kim Delaney are being overlooked in favor of big name actresses like Reese Witherspoon, Julia Roberts, Meryl Streep.  

• Members

She had a starring role on the much-hailed NYPD Blue revival pilot ABC failed to pick up to series.

A lot of names have popped up on GH in the last few years to do stints for a little dough. I think it's beneath them given the quality of the specific writing and roles, but she's neither the biggest nor the last.

I believe someone said Sherry Stringfield got turned down in favor of Gina Tognoni for NuPhyllis on Y&R, or maybe some role on B&B (or both).

Edited by Vee