GH: AMC FAVE Joins Cast

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Throw longtime viewers a bone by having a character pop up from the past that is meaningless, and then say things like honoring history or like you’ve never seen them like this before.

At the least, she should be Chase’s mother.  That ties her to today.  But in the grand scheme of things Jackie only matters because Demi played her, and she and her sister Laura were blips with little impact.  You say history and blank slate.  I see lazy and pointless by making her Jackie.  Especially if she isn’t going to be around for a real contract.

I do credit GH with hiring someone with actual talent that hasn’t been on soaps since their 80’s peak, and someone that has had a steady career in primetime.

• Members

Right after she finishes her crochet class. 

I'm sick of them tying new hires to crap families like Finn and Chase.   Finn could leave tomorrow and  he wouldn't be missed,  with the exception of Anna, but she wastes all her time on another waste of a character, Peter.  Obrecht should have just taken Finn and Peter out two years ago.  The town would throw her a party instead of in jail.   Chase doesn't need a mother.  What happened to the days of a cop or doctor that wasn't related to one of #firefranks pets? Or anyone?

• Members

John, any time any soap makes a big move you get excited by it. Some of us need a little more than that.

I actually don't think recasting Jackie with a major star is a terrible thing given the connection to Scorpio and others currently in play on the canvas, but I do think that given her totally inconsequential place in things outside of being played by a Hollywood star it smacks of shock value and it's another stunt on a show with no decent stories whatsoever.

Edited by Vee

• Members

True. But maybe if this is a success, the show will FINALLY stop waiting for Richard Dean Anderson to return (he WON'T!) and recast freaking Jeff Webber already. I don't even like Liz much, to be honest. But it's now BEYOND ridiculous, with all that has befallen her after two DECADES, that her parents have NEVER appeared. So if this is a test, let it happen. And then maybe we can also get Liz's mom as proof she wasn't hatched.

• Members

I look at it this way:

Paul Hornsby was a DUD in 1991-1994 but Richard Burgi gave him presence and GH actually gave him personality in 2015-2016. I hated him being that all of the sudden killer but i guess it cannot be all 100%

But If GH can do this with Paul then maybe Jackie under Kim Delaney and new writers will have grown out of the shrew that Demi played. 

YES and RECAST Jeff Webber

Jeff Fahey

Gregory Harrison

William Moses 

Lots of actors could fit that gig. Its criminal that Liz has never had scenes with her folks

Edited by John

• Members

Tristan said in a couple of his cameo vids that the Holly story was being dropped because Emma Samms has Long COVID.  So they are going on to other stories which he'll be featured in.  And he doesn't think they'll restart the Holly storyline until next year sometime, when (hopefully) Emma is better.

https://www.cameo.com/tristanrogers?_branch_match_id=838084196847861376

For anyone who missed it, Emma Samms August 17th article, on "Long COVID"

https://people.com/tv/dynasty-emma-samms-talks-long-covid-symptoms/

On the other hand, Emma did tweet this, on the day GH showed Holly on a camera somewhere alive. (presumably this was filmed remotely via video chat or something?)

If Tristan is correct, then maybe that's all we'll see of Holly for now?

Edited by janea4old

• Members

And again.  I love Holly, especially with Robert.  But this is even worse than the Robin is dead storyline because Robert is literally the only one left who cares that is on the show often, and he isn’t under contract.  Ethan is a guest star.  Holly is a guest star.  Wtf GH.

Tell a story like this with a current cast member that is under contract.

You have both Liz and Carly right now just twisting in the wind.  Anna too(I mean Alex faking as Anna while she is held captive is just waiting to be told with the Peter implications).