RIP: In Memoriam Thread

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I have been a die-hard fan of Three’s Company since I first discovered it in reruns when I was 7 years old. John’s death 20 years ago was an unexpected shock, and though Suzanne was older and also sick, her passing still feels like a shock. I literally grew up immersed in a world of reruns where these people were perpetually 25-30 years old!

There are so many classic Chrissy-centered episodes of TC. I’ll have to sit down soon and make a list of my favorites so I can watch them all in a row. 

• Members

I liked Suzanne Somers a lot and her death is a reminder that time is marching on.

She worked hard. She was not a snob. She stood up for herself. Her husband, Alan Hamel, must be devastated. They were true blue partners. As well, her only child, Bruce, was the light of her life. I remember her saying when he was born she looked at this baby and promised him she'd give him a good life. She succeeded so brilliantly.

Rest in peace, Suzanne. May her memory be a blessing.

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

When news was released of Somer’s recurrence, it was just so sad but this woman battled valiantly for decades! So many of us have witnessed up close how horrible this disease is and the enormous toll it can take on people. My condolences to her family for what is surely a tough time. 
We are losing too many people to the various forms of this disease. Surely it should be a all hands on deck in sustaining life and helping people reach better health outcomes without so much suffering. As a society, are truly invested in the wrong things.

• Members

I was hoping that Suzanne would defy the odds with cancer for a second time. I guess it was not meant to be.

She brought a sweet naivete to Chrissy Snow that could have been just been just the requisite "ditzy blonde" [as was the case in the second Three's Company pilot with Susan Lanier as Chrissy].

May Ms. Somers rest easy.

Well, Richard Klein [Larry] is still with us! [But I get you likely meant the main three!]

• Members

I was never very involved with Three's Company, so my awareness of Suzanne came more in the years when she was mostly known as herself, along with Step by Step. She pulled off what Goldie Hawn did in films, in transitioning out of dumb blonde roles while still maintaining the air of innocence that helped make her a star. She even managed to become known as a Thighmaster queen without it tarnishing her image the way similar infomercials did to names like Cher. She fought so many battles, not just cancer, but from the industry, and survived the Hollywood machine that boots you off as soon as you forget your place. 

• Members

If you haven't seen it, you may enjoy this old Suzanne Disney special, Totally Minnie. An old staple of mine and an intro for me into many Disney classics. My personal favorite segment is "Shopping," which starts around 39 minutes, and also features a great use of Robert Carradine's Carradine smolder. 

• Members

I was completely shocked to stumble upon the new of Suzanne Somers' passing on Twitter. I love Three's Company and remember watching Step by Step growing up. I had no idea of her journey and I hope she's in a better place and that her family finds peace. Will watch some more Three's Company this week for sure. 

• Members

Suzanne Somers' granddaughter Camelia Somers (daughter of Bruce)
intermittently recurs as Charlotte on B&B.  Charlotte was introduced as an intern at Forrester who later slept with the Pierson Fodé version of Thomas.  The character Charlotte still appears occasionally at Forrester.

Camelia Somers bio
https://www.imdb.com/name/nm7436983/bio/
and
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Camelia_Somers

Please register in order to view this content

Camila Somers as Charlotte January 30, 2023

April 23, 2023

I couldn't quite capture it in these screengrabs but she does have some of Suzanne's smile.

Edited by janea4old