Days: June 2020 Discussion Thread

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

It's such a big theatre no-no, one of my soap opera  pet peeves. Though it's justified if they were feeling defensive in the presence of Victor (not that these two are the type to make acting choices).

• Members

I read on here that the actor gained some weight. I get that a nice fitting suit can make you appear slimmer, but it does age him especially when his partner is dressed so casual all the time. It's also 2020, if the actor gained weight than he gained weight. The audience isn't blind, sure you might disguise it a bit more in a suit but put him in some regular clothes. Of course Days might just not be interested on spending on wardrobe since the actor is on the way out.

• Members

Can someone give me a brief maybe 1-2 sentence primer on Claire? I was a very infrequent watcher, like 2-3 episodes a year watcher, before COVID-19 and WFH made me a daily watcher again. She is Shawn/Belle's kid right? And she is in a mental hospital? Why? And how long? And that is the same actress, right?

• Members

Yes to all of your questions.

She’s been in for about a year (which has actually been two years in Salem time). Apparently her jealousy of Ciara was what pushed her over the edge and she tried to burn Ciara in a cabin, and framed Ben for it. Then when she was dating Tripp, she became jealous of him and Haley and tried to set them on fire too. When she was exposed, she realized she needed help and was sent to Bayview. But if you ask pretty much any poster on here, myself included, the storyline was written for no reason other than to prop Ben.

• Members

I liked the Eli/Lani/Julie/Abe scenes in today's episode even though the editing seemed weird and I wish Abe had been allowed to say more. I know it's characteristic of Julie to take up space but still. And I'm not a fan of this juvenile Steve and Kayla story but I like the Jennifer/Kayla and Steve/Jack scenes. What I'm saying is the show works best with family content in non-ridiculous scenarios.

I've just completely been ignoring everything to do with Orpheus and Rafe's custody case