Maybe if we post our favorite Soap Opening Credits

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Thanks for the Bright Promise open and close, Shadows -- really interesting, but that is not the theme I remember. I must be recalling one used later in the show's run, a pretty piano (I think LOL) theme. I honestly don't recall this theme at all, although so many names in the credits have to be familiar to GH fans -- the Hursleys, Gloria Monte, Susan Brown, David Lewis, and more.

• Members

Those are interesting credits.  Nancy Stephens is another name I recognized.  She is the nurse at the beginning of Halloween when Michael Meyers breaks out of the asylum and steals her station wagon.

I know so much about Monty once she has that meeting and is hired to EP GH.  But other than she was a director on Bright Promise I don’t know much else about her daytime career before GH.  I know she was supposedly a great director.  I didn’t realize she was a producer there as well.

• Members

So this is from the Dutch Soap Goede tijden, slechte tijden (Good Times, Bad Times), someone used to subtitle some of the storylines in english and upload them, but not anymore.  I thought the opening theme was catchy. 

This is from the German Soap Verbotene Liebe (which sadly was cancelled a few years ago). I always thought it was interesting that the lyrics in the opening was sung in English and not German. 

Also Bold and Beautiful in Italy used to have their own unique theme song, though I think they started using our theme song a few years ago. I honestly like the Italian theme more than ours. LOL 

Edited by wingwalker

• Members

I think maybe not enough has been said about how she really did understand the form, even if she ultimately wanted to and then did reinvent it for GH.  This wasn’t some daytime outsider that wanted everything to change (like Gottlieb on OLTL).  She had been working in the traditional form for a long time.

What happened to daytime?  There used to be so many women making them.  I think they were better for it.  Now none of the head writers or EP’s on the final four are women.

• Members

The vocals are horrific but I loved the “picture frames” and the neat CGI tricks on this HOME AND AWAY opening, the first that wasn’t overly cutesy and the last to feature Sally, who grew up on the show over 20 years. 

• Members

When you say the first that weren’t cutesy, are you also referring to the original opening and its slight changes? That one goes down as one of my favorites of all time. Very clean, sleek, serious while still youthful and fun. Lovely.

I have to give H&A and Neighbours credit for being willing to change things up often, but both of them have done some clunkers. Shame that H&A has cut it to a quick title card now, but I do like this variant of it.

Edited by All My Shadows

• Members

Even though I didn’t like the chirpy second version of the Sunset Beach, I did like that they gave Jason George and Sherri Saum the closing shots at the time. Those SuBe openings were freakin’ long.

I posted this in the other thread but the first CPW theme/opening is so tribal, urban, and sexy. The more generic second one is such a letdown, even if the theme isn’t as bad as I remember it.

• Members

The Sandy Dvore Knots Landing opening was always my favorite one, although this must be later in Season 9 as the original version featured McCashin during a great diva hair flip while she was still on cast in her portrait.

Edited by soapfan770

• Members

IMO, that particular VL opening looked cheap compared to the prior openings the show had had.

That set of opening of was the best... it was used from 2003 to 2011 in many different variations:

The 2014 opening (the final opening before the show became a weekly) was even worse than the 2011-2013 one:

Other favorites of mine include:

Sturm der Liebe – this telenovela changes its opening everytime a new "season" begins, i.e. when a new main couple becomes the focus. The opening is quite cheesy, but the visuals are nicely done and the opening always reflects major characterists of the storyline.

Unter uns – the current opening is very modern and positive (as opposed to the prior, icy "Ghosts" opening).

I also like the current GZSZ opening with its Berlin / big city atmosphere.

Love both the first SuBe and the first CPW opening. For its time, the Models Inc. opening was also great, even though the tune screams mid 90s: