Maybe if we post our favorite Soap Opening Credits

• Members

Last Summer I watched the documentary on the long-running rural Irish soap opera Glenroe. In the piece they talked with the composer of the song about how he came up with the piece. 

One of my favorite openings of the long running urban Irish soap Fair City. 

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Seeing all those Rappaports is so triggering.

I loved the ATWT sci-fi theme of the Marland years, but the mid-2000s one wasn’t bad. A huge improvement over the early 2000s flushing toilet one.

Also loved the Jeffrey Osborne theme for Loving:

• Members

Well, I'm not crazy about that bird cage.  It's like they're saying, "Try 'LOVING,' the soap that's for the birds!."

And that theme song is EXACTLY the kind of "slow jam" GENERATIONS should have used for THEIR opening.  I'm just saying.

Edited by Khan

• Members

I remember OLTL's then-EP Susan Bedsow Horgan talking to (I think) SOD about how they wanted to recapture the spirit of the opening sequence of the Paul Rauch era with those background shots.  I think both did a tremendous job in casting OLTL as AMC's urban cousin.

But, the expression on Jason-Shane Scott's face.  It's as if they caught him taking a leak in the men's room.

Don't get me wrong, I love both the music and the visuals here.  But, at the same time, there's a...coastal vibe that, IMO, contradicts the actual show.  Like, if you were about to watch SFT for the first time, you'd expect maybe a show set in L.A. or San Francisco; only to be surprised that, in fact, it all takes place in some sleepy, Midwestern town.

Edited by Khan

• Members

I love the closing theme, but damn if its melancholy quality didn't make me sad as hell once cancellation was announced.

They're LOVE BIRDS Khan, get it!? 

Please register in order to view this content

[email protected]

As for Generations' theme, for years I remembered it to be Joplin's The Entertainer before WoST came along.

• Members

I love the Jeffrey “Looooooooving you gave me SUMTHINNNN new” Osborne theme but hate the overly pink visuals and HAAAATE the all capitals cursive title card. That big, full original “Loving” title card was so visually pleasing and perfect for a soap. Almost as timeless as the Sandy Dvore YR logo.

• Members

First saw this opening during the OLTL finale celebration marathon on SoapNet. The visuals were too corny romance novel for me and didn't really relate to the show, but the theme was excellent! Especially the closing theme. It really fits Malone's era  of OLTL

Edited by ironlion

• Members

Here's the As The World Turns gold theme from around 2002 -- I agree with the above poster who said it's better than the blue theme that followed it. The blue theme shortened the gold and the ending doesn't sound nearly as good or make the same impact.

Edited by ranger1rg