Y&R to air classic episodes

• Members

I imagine TPTB chose to air it AGAIN (sigh), primarily because it's already been butchered (I mean...trimmed) to fit in into an hour broadcast. There are many more commercials crammed into a 60-minute program now than there were during the 1980s.  We'll be deprived of seeing the Brooks sisters' reunion once more.

Please register in order to view this content

CBS must have been too lazy to choose another episode to hack up.

Edited by vetsoapfan

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Agreed.

And speaking of GH I noticed that they're usually willing to show flashbacks despite recasts. A prime example was the 3 Carly's coming back in 2014, or David Lewis being shown in flashbacks during Jane Elliot's tribute show (despite John Ingle dying in the role of Edward Q). It would be awesome if Y&R would be willing to do the same with Ashley and Jack.

I hope whatever else they air besides the wedding is something we cant find online like Phillip II's death or Kay haunting Suzanne. If they decide to air classics as weekly arc's eventually, it would be cool to see (again): the week of Sheila baby switch/Nina shooting David; the week of Lauren/Sheila firehouse (show coinciding episodes on B&B); the week of Veronica shooting Nikki; Marge/Kay conclusion

Edited by ironlion

• Members

They must be setting it up for editors to work from home (I hope). This is only the first classic episode. The show won't be back for a long, long time. We'll see what else they'll pull out of their hat.

• Members

Well I’d think they’d maybe show a couple and then introduce them as ones for the “die hard fans” or the “long-running fans”. They probably won’t, but it would be nice. Even if they showed stuff from 1983. After 1984/85, the show really wasn’t worth watching for me. And I’m only 23, so I only can see the old episodes by what people find and post, buying DVDs, or what used to be on YouTube YEARS ago that I was too stupid at the same not to save LOL. They’ve gotta add some variety, you know? I can understand how some people might be confused, but it would be sooo fun to see the good ol’ days of the Kay/Jill rivalry when it began and the first few years of it. 

Edited by ltm1997

• Members

I phrased it wrong

Please register in order to view this content

. I was trying to explain that I love watching episodes from the first 11/12 years of the show by buying DVDs from Soap Trading or purchasing sites and that I'll pretty much only watch episodes from those years. When I see stuff from 1986-the present, it doesn't satisfy my Y&R needs like those first years did. I did phrase that weird though LOL.

• Members

I'll give CBS a lot of slack here. In fact, I'd rather have them air any Y&R(R)/B&B(R) rather than completely dropping them for TPIR(R)/LMAD (R). I'm choosing not to stream either of the airings today, but I'm sure they'll be ones that will be worth watching.

If you figure production resumes July 1 - it'll be mid- or late-July before new ones start to air. B&B will clearly crank them out fast so they get out first. I wonder if B&B ended up banking extra episodes because of the 12+ Impeachment pre-emptions or if they simply slowed down production? At least ABC has given exact info on GH, CBS has been silent about inventory. 

• Members

Are you referring to the guy with Ashley? If so, that wasn't Nicholas Walker. Walker was already on Capitol at that time. The guy portraying Eric Garrison was Brian Matthews. Matthews and Walker did look very much alike. Speaking of Walker, he will be showing up on The Doctors reruns soon.