Coronavirus/Covid-19 Discussion Thread

• Members

I got my booster shot on Tuesday through my employer (federal government/military). It was fine. I like the way the medics in the military give them. They give them so quickly and effortlessly; I barely notice when they administer the shot and don't really feel it. It must be the way they are trained to give it. I honestly would rather go to them to get vaccines than a pharmacist. 

I hope everyone here and elsewhere who wants to get their booster shots get them in a timely manner. 

Edited by xtr

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I'm glad your family got their boosters Soapsuds.  I hope you can get yours when you can. I do know some people are having to wait for appointments. My dad is getting his through the VA and he has to wait until the 27th of this month to get his. I was fortunate to be able to just walk in and get mine at military facility due to my employer. They have been offering them for a bit now like that now as long as people show military/civilian ID and provide information about your employer. 

I'm not sure which pharmacists are offering them and how the availability is looking for them. Though, I know that can vary in different areas. I remember trying to get my flu shot in October at Walgreens and they said it had to be appointment only and they had ran out. I ended up going to CVS that day and getting the flu shot without an appointment. 

If anyone is having a hard time getting it through a pharmacy you may can try your local health department. I think ours here is giving out the booster, though it may be by appointment as well. 

Edited by xtr

• Members

The clinic isn't having any schedule vaccinations but if you show up they'll give you the booster after they are done with regular patient appointments. My cousin had to wait over an hour. I'll probably schedule an appointment at CVS or Wallgreens for next week.

Edited by Soapsuds

• Members

https://apnews.com/article/coronavirus-pandemic-entertainment-business-health-public-health-4997be1bcf591fe8b7f1f90d16c9321e

Read the whole article.  RFK Jr. and his organization are much worse than I realized.
RFK Jr has written a book full of nonsense about Fauci.

Even RFK Jr's own family members disavow what he's doing.

So sad. He was great for rivers decades ago.  But now.  NO. just no.

Ingo met with RFK Jr on Dec. 4, and posted an instagram pic of them together promoting RFK Jr's book. 

Edited by janea4old