Coronavirus/Covid-19 Discussion Thread

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

That story about the man who lied to get in to the maternity ward really bothers me - they should not have backed down on their ban for emotional reasons. Now his wife and their child could get sick or die, not to mention everyone else there.

Edited by DRW50

• Members

The vast majority do show symptoms well within that time frame. I had found a medical site that gave a more detailed account of what they know so far, they said that 97% of people who are exposed will show symptoms by day 11. There are a few outliers that will show on day 12 and 13, that's why they say 14 days. 

This story was from a year ago, and gives much credence to that theory. 

Edited by alphanguy74

• Members

Oklahoma has got to be perhaps the most ridiculous state in the union at this point, they are NOT TESTING, they have the lowest testing rate in the entire country.....even Wyoming has tested more people.  There has got to be literally tens of thousands of Typhoid Marys walking around down there. Only 1,794 people tested in the WHOLE STATE. And 565 positives (that is a 31.49% positive rate of those tested). Kansas to the north is  better, with 424 positives, but they have at least tested 5,424 people, giving them a positive rate of 8.7%. 

Edited by alphanguy74

• Members

I did not vote for him, but I, too, have been very impressed with his handling of the pandemic. I believe he was the first one to shut down schools. He announced on Thursday and everyone was done by Tuesday. He has gradually been shutting other things down as well. His daily 2:00 briefing has become my new "soap."

• Members

I'm done hoping the seriousness of this virus will get through our thick skulls.  If people in this country can't be fully trusted to take the necessary precautions -- for themselves, and for their loved ones -- then perhaps it's time to enact martial law.