YR: Character recast

• Members

looking at his credits I wonder what made him decide to start doing soap? lol

he's 38-40, right around the guy playing Adam's age. Y&R stays casting younger for these old ass roles. 

Please register in order to view this content

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

At least, on paper, bringing back Chance makes some kind of sense. It was long past time for Cane to go so I'm not mad at the idea either.  Still, JG will probably muck it up.

Although I regarded Chloe as a highly cliche, overused millennial name, I can understand why they wouldn't go with Katherine and even perhaps, any form of the name, out of regard to Katherine Chancellor who was very much alive and on the canvas when Chloe debuted.  Still, there were times, especially when Chloe and Chance were dating, that I couldn't help but wonder how odd it could be if they got married and Chloe decided to use her real name.

• Members

I made a lot of fun of Grossman for looking old in his photos, only for him to not look that bad oncamera (and to be a decent actor, even if the material was still garbage), so I will hold back, but I feel like this is pointless with the state of the show. I don't want to see a rivalry with Billy or a rivalry with Devon (especially since a black man won't be winning that rivalry), and I don't want to see another quasi-bad boy or a beefstick. 

I would love to see Nina again, but I wonder if that's even going to happen. Didn't she last appear in that trashy story where Paul cheated on her with Christine? 

• Members

As for seeing Nina, we have yet to see Olivia despite 2 Nates and Neil's death.

To be fair, the actors may have refused an offer to return.

Re Chance's age - the show is so screwed up on the ages of the characters that they really should go a little  younger with these recasts.

Chloe was actually Kate which is far enough away from Katherine as to not be confusing in any way.

• Members

I read somewhere he's 38, so they are definitely sticking closer to Driscoll's age....I do wish he were younger, but that's just me..

If we have Nina back, it will salvage whatever story they come up with for Chance this time...but who knows if TC will be back given her husband's death...

• Members

People can look younger, or older, on-screen than in their pictures. I'm not really bothered by the age. I just don't care really at all.

Y&R is so ... ugh. But I never expected much from JG so ... he's lived up to what I expected of him and even surpassed it with how poorly focused the show is. 

Tip to the networks: STOP HIRING WRITERS YOU FIRED FROM THE SHOW (or who 'had a meltdown') OR WHO DID A LOUSY JOB THE FIRST TIME.

I swear they're deliberately hoping the show tanks, IMO.

I'd rather have Chance than Cane though. And really, Chance should have been in Cane's spot the entire time. Cane was NEVER needed. 

And yeah, with 2 Nates and Neil's death we haven't seen Olivia at all (I'm also gonna guess TLW has no interest and I wouldn't blame her). I'm not expecting to see Nina except maybe for a quick visit. And that's if Tricia Cast is even asked and is even up for it.

You'd think the mother and son would go hand and hand but nope ...

We don't need another Adam, though.

The minute Adam got his memory back the show went into the shitter under JG.

Nick running for a political office is NOT compelling entertainment. I want a soap opera dammit, not a Hallmark movie. And who the [!@#$%^&*] is demanding Morrow be seen so much? I just don't get it. At all. Lord. I hoped with Angelica gone it would get better (we are finally free of Goddard/Cane so that's a win!) ....

Remember when foolish Doug Davidson was so thrilled? Yeah, how'd that turn out, Doug?

Please register in order to view this content

How's all that airtime going?  

Edited by KMan101