YR: Character recast

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I guess we know who DG/Cane got dumped for.  This actor does look too old to be Nina's son and Y&R will need Nina to help the audience care about a character that has barely been on the canvas, now being played by a totally new actor.

Y&R is consumed with front-loading the canvas with bland-looking vanilla male characters to drive most of their storylines. Makes little sense but it leaves no doubt as to the reasons for their continual ratings drop.

• Members

I wonder how old he is? I enjoyed John Driscoll in the role, but if he wasn't coming back, I had thought it would be a good idea to de-age Chance some. Like early 30's. 32 or 33 would have been a good age for a recast IMO. I would like to see more men on the show in that mid 20's to early 30's range, especially since we don't have characters like Noah/Fen around anymore. 

I guess his return is a part of the spoiler about Devon returning with unsettling news. Maybe he found Chance. Or Chance shows up after Devon announces his news. I also wonder if Chance is going to be edgier this time around. They have mentioned over the past few months that he has gotten arrested for assault and was involved in money laundering. Though Jill still seems to think he's a good person. I wonder how they will explain his sudden change in behavior over the past year, or there is an explanation behind the things he has been accused of. 

Edited by xtr

• Members

That’s the thing. This new Chance feels totally plot-driven. They are banking on the idea that John Driscoll’s Chance didn’t make a very strong impression to justify this 180. Maybe that’s a fair assessment. But, yeah, a Nina return would be a must. And maybe TC would be up for it in spite of her recent tragedy.

• Members

I wonder if they will end up saying that Chance was forced into doing these things. There is some shady/weird stuff going on. Cane was knocked in the head in Vegas when he went to look for Chance. Tucker has also disappeared after deciding to complain about technology, leave his company and go on a spiritual journey. 

It's been reported over the past few months that both Chance and Tucker were doing weird stuff. So, I wonder if someone is forcing them to do these things. Maybe Colin is behind all of this stuff, plus the will. Or maybe someone else is pulling their strings.

Edited by xtr

• Members

If TC isn't really available, could we see more JW? It seems like this whatever wasted energy they had Jill spend on Cane, could be redirected to Chance. Plus anything to get her back in a meaningful way. If they weren't going to let Dina serve as the logical successor to Katherine as GC's Grande Dame, then Jill should play that role.

• Members

My thoughts exactly. DG/Cane was dumped for Phillip IV. They even somewhat resemble. I'm not mad at it 

I mentioned this before but I think Devon's news is Amanda staying in town. But I do think Amanda's past could be Chance showing up. Probably find out she was conned by Colin or Cane 

• Members

Because she was supposed to be gone and he wanted her gone. When Nate asked her to rep him, she initially said no because staying hurts Devon having to see her. Nate said he'd talk to Devon and smooth it over. Devon finding out she's staying is clearly a beat that's going to be played.