YR: Character recast

• Members

Please register in order to view this content

Well, you all that still watch this show, have fun, lol, this new Chance looks blander than bland and with his problematic personal views, he should've been Laurence Olivier when clearly he is not.

I took a quick glance on SM and Y&R fans are already trying to get him put with Mishael Morgan's new character.  Oh boy!  Are these leftover Lane fans, LOL?

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Oh no!  I don't want to know things I don't like, about the actor who plays nuChance. I've been wanting a Chance return ever since the last one left. I am so happy they finally did it.  Chance is supposed to be the good guy, I hope the actor's life isn't so bad he ruins the character for me.

I'm thinking of good things like....Y&R Chancellor history woven into current stories. More Chancellor mansion set.  Nina and/or Jill  being used in stories, like we are seeing Traci over at the Abbotts. Another handsome guy in the dating pool so the women aren't so desperate. Break up some of the predictability between  pairings.

• Members

Amanda/Chance would make sense age wise ,and story wise. Devon & Chance represent each side of the Chancellor clan, they should have a rivalry over a woman.

I have a hard some believing the actor would have a problem with it, or is racist because of that one tweet. He seems to adore his black/mixed race nephew who he proudly posted over his Instagram when he first set it up. 

I took a look at his social media. I was expecting a monster, fearing a whole feed of hate and MAGA stuff, but the worst of it is on the previous page. By far, the majority of his content is about his work, and family. He seemed to comment on some social/political issues here and there, that were hot at the time. And big surprise, a white guy raised in a small Texas town has conservative views. He was raised from birth that way, so he looks at life through a different filter than me, but (even though I strongly disagree on almost every issue with him) he's not hateful, or going overboard, . If anything, he get's hooked into whatever the conservative media is saying at the time and repeats it. The tried and true, debating the meaning of "nationalist", is designed to reel him in, & it does.

The Rosanne stuff? So what?  Many liberals agree with conservatives on that because they get burnt on that issue too. Like when Bill Maher's show got canceled. In Rosanne's early years she stood up against the sexism of the networks by refusing to say hateful/sexist lines she was given, and almost lost her show. These days she just seems mentally ill.

He disagrees with Sarah Silverman on Kavanagh ( normal loving men do fear being wrongly accused too) but later retweets her, supporting her on cash bail, and being fair economically. So he's debating her not hating on her. Boy and girls scouts? He's talking politicization and little kids playing.

And associating Loren being fired, with him, is really unfair. He has nothing to do with that. Unless he starts using his new platform to be political, I'm fine with him playing Chance, even though he looks a touch older than he should be to me,.. if he's good. 

• Members

freaking yikes!, but we all know this won't be enough for Y&R ptb to care, or for CBS to step in and drop the axe. CBS probably blames Mariah/Tessa for Y&R's declining ratings, that's why hey're like an old married couple and I'm pretty sure they're setting up for Mariah to have a thing for Theo. They still believe the conservative, white America portion of their base is gonna keep the show afloat. 

• Members

I guess you never know. But Y&R can't just hire actors with certain political views, or just liberals. You can't do that. If someone is spewing hate or making their personal life a problem for the network that's a different story. 

I guess it doesn't matter to me as much because I don't follow the actors, and I never have. I am into the characters only. I love Jill, but I know very little about Jess Walton, even though I love her as Jill.  I prefer not to know her personal life. Until the social media I didn't even know most of the actors names, I knew them by character name only.

• Members

Yep. I don't follow a ton of soap actors for this reason. And I just found out, randomly, that Lesli Kay is one too. Interesting how neither works on daytime at the moment ...

Yep. People don't seem to understand "selective racism". I see it with so many people, unfortunately.

And yikes. The new guy does read older. I don't want a Burgess Meredith Chance. We already had Burgess Meredith Billy (and continued with Thompson, who'd have made a better Adam and Grossman could have been Chance going in a new direction).

This new guy looks more like what Billy should look like ... 

Casting has become a mess on this show.

Edited by KMan101

• Members

Wow ugly AND a dumbass. Y&R is really hitting it out of the park with the casting lately.

I wanna be mad for Loren but she's gotten to work with Ava DuVernay since being let go and seems to be living her best life.

Edited by Darn

• Members

Same. But lord others do. They crucify the actor and dismiss them instantly.

Yet they keep that blonde boring Zoe around? And Theo (who I don't necessarily mind I guess) bumped out Fen and has now been retconned to the canvas. Lord. Make it stop.

They definitely made a mistake cutting lose Loren Lott and Zach Tinker. Their loss.

And I know the show wants Sharon and Nick to remain in their 20s but they aren't. They have a 20-30 something kid. Use him. Stop giving all the stories Noah should get to aging fratboy Nick. 

Edited by KMan101

• Members

If these fans truly care about MM and her new character, they'd want her to be established as a character on her own merits because without that foundation, any relationship she is placed it will immediately become centered around the man, not her.  The stronger her individual characterization is drawn the more likely she will be to hold her own in a pairing and the less likely she will be to have her personality fade away when a part of a coupling.

Today's soaps have a genuine problem with building characters that people truly care about because they fail to spend the time to build distinctive characters withn their own personal histories/stories to build on.

Edited by DramatistDreamer