Victoria Rowell

Robin Strasser 

Eileen Davidson 

Linda Dano 

Victoria Wyndham 

Nancy Curlee

Tony Warren - Creator of Coronation Street 

Vanessa Marcil 

I probably have some more people but can't thin of anyone else at the top of my head right now. 

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Zimmer's book, that one with the long title about her whole diva life, and Hinsey's book, are both interesting, but, both, frankly, mean. It shouldn't be a surprse to anyone that Hinsey's is. But, Zimmer's is, well, confusing. ... She blames Wheeler for being a female EP when she's used to male EPs. She blames Wheeler for being younger than she is. Heck, she even blames Wheeler for being in better physical shape, weight, etc. than her. She blames the Costumer for not doing well with the "chubby girls". She blames Wheeler for crying, when what I hear is that they all cried, in a high intensity, highly emotional environment.

• Members

Many of these have already been said but:

Robin Strasser for sure! Especially the early AW days as AW is my fave show of all time and she was on before I was born. Plus, Robin doesn't strike me as the type that would hold back. I'm sure her takes on OL (didn't they push her out or try a couple of times) and Passions would be fun.

Tony Geary and Genie Francis just to get their own perspectives on how HUGE Luke and Laura became and how it affected them and their careers. Did they feel their popularity in those specific roles hurt them when trying to branch out?

Ellen Wheeler because of her AW connection. Her relationship with Tom Eplin, emmy wins with AW and AMC, opinions on the various shows (AW, AMC, B&B, ATWT, and GL.) plus going back to AW later. I wonder if she thought it was difficult moving up from actor to director to producer in the soap genre. 

I'd say Deidre Hall but she'd probably be too nice and boring. 

Eileen Davidson, Melody Thomas Scott, Maura West, Linda Dano, Katherine Kelly Lang, Susan Flannery, Susan Seaforth Hayes, the list could go on. I'd be interested in anyone that has had a long career and was forthright about their experiences. Everyone has their own opinions on things, but I'd love to know what some of these women in daytime think about the genre (co-workers, producers, writers, etc.).

• Members

People like Robin Strasser would be fun because she seems to give zero f#cks.  I think she would tell her version of events with little sanitizing.

I would love to read a bio by Genie Francis, but I think hers would not be as open.  Although in recent years she has been much more forthcoming.  I know she does not enjoy dwelling in the period of time she was an addict and felt abused by the show and ABC.

I would absolutely read a JFP book.  Even if we know her perspective is flawed, it would still be fascinating to read.

Most of all I would kill for another oral history type book like we got about OLTL.  Especially about GH, but I would read one about almost any soap.  Rachel Ames, Valerie Starrett, and Denise Alexander are great resources for earlier years and are still alive. So are most of the people from when Monty arrived and then the Riche evolution.  I just wish it would happen!

• Members

Irna's son Tom has read it & I believe he has it. So has Elana Levine. Tom got in touch with Roger Newcomb of We Love Soaps.net and indicated to him that he wants it to end up with him to work on it in some way. I would love to help. We have two proofreaders here, me and one other person. We could definitely help out. Elana said to me that it is in definite need of work.

• Members

I'd love a soap hopper, like Nicolas Coster, to write a book. Think of how much ground could be covered.

ETA: Bryan Cranston's book also left me wanting more insight on Loving. Let's get Lauren-Marie Taylor a pen! 

Edited by Franko

• Members

Wonder if Melody will address why she stopped talking to Jeanne Cooper for a few years and then picked up like nothing happened...

A collection of memories from people who worked in 60's and 70's soaps would be fascinating.Many people from that era are still living.

Don Hastings

Peter Simon

Ann Flood

Judith McConnell

and many more

Edited by Paul Raven