Soap Memoirs That *Need* To Be Written

• Members

I wish Kristoff St.John had written a book before he passed away.  I would of loved to hear his opinions on somethings regarding Y&R. After he passed I was listening to a podcast he did year after his son passed. He had a lot to say. If it would been released before he passed I’m pretty sure he wouldn’t be on Y&R. Seeing how some of his longtime friends say things about his time on Y&R there was no doubt he wasn’t happy there. Like this one.....

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I read the book. "Blame" is kind of a harsh word. I think Zimmer was passionate about the quality of the show, not just as a performer but as a fan and protector of the show. I think she takes responsibility for her daytime drinking (wine during lunch break, etc), weight gain, and depression during the show's final years.  Wheeler OTOH sounded a bit manic and highly emotional. Given the show's shoe string budget ("40% less than any other soap"), it makes sense. 

I'd love a memoir from Deidre Hall and Alison Sweeney, but only after the show has ended and they're more free/willing to open up about the nitty gritty details. I remember Sweeney once said she'd do that eventually. I know she already wrote one (I haven't read it), but I hear the behind-the-scenes stuff is  happy fluff. 

Susan Flannery would be good, too. 

Edited by Gray Bunny

• Members

Victoria Rowell wrote a memoir, The Women Who Raised Me (2007), and two "novels", Secrets of a Soap Opera Diva (2010) and The Young and the Ruthless: Back in the Bubbles (2013). All are excellent reads. VR's television series The Rich and the Ruthless was based on the "novels". The "novels" are the closest we're going to get to a tell-all about the Bell shows. Those of us who have read the "novels" and are regular viewers of Y&R/B&B will recognize the characters/situations.

Other excellent daytime drama memoirs are Not Young, Still Restless (2012) by Jeanne Cooper (RIP) and I'll Be Damned: How My Young and Restless Life Led Me to America's #1 Daytime Drama (2017) by Eric Braeden.

Edited by kalbir

• Members

Whoever said Lauren Marie Taylor I agree 100 %

I would love for her to write a memoir about her time On Loving since she was the only cast member who stayed throughout the series run. 

Colleen Zenk 

Marcy Walker 

A Martinez 

Robin Matson

Maura West

Larry Bryggman  

Deidre Hall 

Susan Flannery 

• Members

Yes, I made an error & included Karen in the list of GL Writers. You make a mistake & you fix it. That's life.

But, I never said that ConWest was involved with Peapack. They weren't. This is just like you're now making things up. Please stop being snarky. There's no need. I've said a lot of critical things about ConWest. Peapack wasn't one of them.