Soap Memoirs That *Need* To Be Written

• Members

This was inspired by @Roman’s comment in the monthly Y&R thread about the idea that Peter Bergman (Jack, Y&R; Cliff, AMC) should pen a nice tell-all about his career. (He spoke eloquently about soaps on Alec Baldwin’s podcast.) We’ve had quite a few books from big soap stars (Zimmer, Lucci, Braeden, Eileen Fulton, et al) and a few from writer/creators (Nixon, Lemay). 

With so many icons of the genre leaving us, whose thoughts are you most interested in reading in book form?

Me? Kay Alden (for her insights on Bill Bell and Y&R) and Elizabeth Hubbard (whom I recall is an exquisite writer).

You?

Edited by Faulkner

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

For Actors: Deidre Hall, John Aniston, Suzanne Rogers, Genie Francis, Jonathan Jackson, Susan Flannery, Victoria Wyndham.

For people who worked behind the scenes, I'd love to read from anyone who worked with James E. Reilly, to find out why he chose to depart from traditional story during his first stint on DAYS, and also why he declined so much in his later career.

Edited by AbcNbc247

• Members

Jaime Lyn Bauer, Janice Lynde, Leslie Charleson, Stuart Damon, "Listen, Kiddo" by Kathryn Hays, Marj Dusay

Last person alive I'd want to see write a memoir:  Crystal Chappell

That would be right up there with "I'm Dating Your Daughter" by Robert Kelker-Kelly.

Edited by slick jones

• Members

Crystal Chappell for every soap she's been on & Venice & the movie they made & generally going from "just a talented actress" to a real mover & a shaker & person behind the scenes who can write & direct & produce; Cady McClain for being an actress and a director and writing a solid memoir of her life and producing content; Jill Lorie Hurst for writing GL and working there; Nancy Curlee Demorest for her writing at GL and for those she wrote with; Ellen Wheeler for her entire career; I would have said Susan Flannery, Vicky Wyndham, too, were they not already listed.

• Members

Has Robin Strasser written a memoir? I feel like that would be a juicy read.

Bridget Dobson bridges a lot of gaps between soap eras, and the Santa Barbara revelations would be splendid.

JFP probably has an interesting book in her.

Edited by Faulkner

• Members

I’m certainly not the biggest fan of her work, but even if her book was defensive and utterly delusional, I’d be interested in what she has to say.

Melody Thomas Scott has a memoir set for next summer.

I’d read a Scott McKinsey book about his mom.

Anthony Geary is notoriously private but when he retired from GH, he said he was interested in writing a memoir.

Edited by Faulkner

• Members

Saw that Debbi Morgan has published a memoir. Has anyone read it, and is it any good?

https://www.amazon.com/Monkey-My-Back-Memoir-ebook/dp/B00LD1OF6U/ref=nodl_

Vanessa Marcil has endured a lot of tragedy and probably has a memoir in her. (Maurice Benard’s memoir is coming out next year.)

A Kimberlin Brown memoir could be... enlightening.