Y&R September 2019 Episode Discussion

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Come on, y'all had to know this was coming.  I saw it coming and I haven't watched this show in ages! Weren't there folks on this board clamoring for Devon to lose his fortune? I remember there being a big debate on her about what Devon "deserves" compared to MacKenzie and Chance, blahblahblah.  Maybe someone was listening to the rumblings on this board.

I'm doubtful that Devon will be out of inheritance for too long, though, not because TPTB care all that much about Devon but because for them, this is a proper dramatic 'reversal' (narrator: it's not) and when they discover that it's not, they will soon get bored of the story and change it back once they realized they could only build a middling sense of drama around it. 

• Members

It's not so much the fact that Devon has, for the moment, lost his fortune that bugs me as it is that he has lost it to "f'n Cane" (tm slick jones).  Of ALL the people in the WORLD for Devon to lose his money to, it WOULD be the one character whom Y&R just can't seem to get rid of, no matter how much fans keep begging for him to go. 

And is it really no surprise that this is coming on the heels of his orchestrated efforts to kill the potential Cane/Traci relationship, which resulted in a BTS meeting where he allegedly met with TPTB and offered story "suggestions"?

I mean, I KNOW Josh Griffith, Steve Kent and/or Angelica McDaniel must think DG's penis is magic, but damn.

Edited by Khan

• Members

Ay, there's the rub! 

I bet the people clamoring for Devon to lose his fortune never counted on a complete interloper being the one to benefit!  This is an instance of folks needing to be careful what they wish for.  The Y&R of late is known for doing this kind of thing.  They think its "twisty". LOL.

Narrator: Twisty? It is not.

• Members

Really, no need to worry much about this 'twist' .If recent stories are anything to go by, it won't amount to much.

Traci/Cane are given build up, but in one ep it's over.

Endless talk from Theo/Kyle about what happened in NY.The reveal is a snoozer. Oh well, the 'victim' is coming to  GC to get revenge. That consists of spiking drinks at a party. Well, maybe that will lead to characters being put in situations that could upset things. No, there's some dancing and a couple of kisses. Zoey disappears as quickly as she arrived.

Victor fakes his death (again) But he quickly reveals the scam. We know those fooled will quickly forgive and forget.

A Hilary lookalike appears, Devon is taken aback. Does this billionaire use his resources to investigate this woman?

And so on...

• Members

The Cane thing *could* be a good thing if he was secretly behind it and they were using this to turn him into a villain. That's the only way his character is even remotely interesting. Seeing noble Cane share the money with Devon or give it back won't wash for me. Also hard to believe Katherine would leave it to him.

• Members

Even so, stealing Devon's fortune is a very random way to have Cane go to the dark side.

Besides, I doubt DG would GO for Cane being turned into a villain.  Sally Sussman tried that when she had Cane sleep with whatsherface (Juliet?) and we know how THAT decision went over with him and his stans online.

Although you've posted several, excellent examples of Y&R "stories" that ultimately went nowhere, @Paul Raven, I'm afraid I'll have to disagree with you here.  Devon being "robbed" of his money is one story decision that I think will "stick."

And even if Cane does give the money back down the road, it will nevertheless leave a very bitter taste in my mouth.

Edited by Khan