What recast of any character has been your favorite?

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Jess Walton as Jill Abbott is my personal favorite. She came in as a hugely popular frontburner character played by two well received actresses (Brenda Dickson and Deborah Adair). I feel she helped the character grow and added tons of depth to the point that you didn't miss her predecessors and made it seem like she'd been there from day one. Brenda Epperson was also fantastic as Ashley Abbott and is my personal favorite in the role. In general Y&R is very good at recasts.

• Members

Rick Hearst as Alan-Michael Spaulding. Carl T. Evans was a favorite of mine at the time, and I thought perfectly embodied the kind of angsty rebelliousness of someone sort of cast aside by his father and in the shadow of the favored son, Phillip. But Rick Hearst brought a fire to the role that elevated and defined A-M in the Spaulding family.

• Members

Just bouncing off of some of you right now ... I'd agree on all of them. Rick Hearst played a great 30-something Alan-Michael. Carl Evans did fantastic as a younger Alan-Michael. 

I also liked both Simms and Tesreau (my viewing is limited to YouTube, of course)

And Mark Grossman was perfectly cast as Adam. It's just too bad Muhney's Adam left such a stain. It's hard to get past the awful writing Adam had during that time. And now Griffith wants it to be 2013 again. Anyway ...

And definitely Jess Walton. Brenda and Jess are both great in the role and it's hard to see either playing it how the other plays it, sort of similar to Rick Hearst/Carl Evans to me in that one fit when they were on the show, and one fit in better later. JMO. 

I think it says a lot when two actors can be fairly well accepted as a recast and maybe in some cases even better.

Deanna Wright as Kay on Passions comes to mind. I LOVED Taylor Anne Mountz's version. Perfection. But Deanna Wright was even better perfection. I don't stan often but I stanned both of their versions hard. (we don't need to get into the writing ...)

We've had a lot of duds ... so it's nice we're pointing out the good ones! Everytime Passions or Days recast under JER it'd get worse ... except for Liza Huber/Natalie Zea and Taylor Anne Mountz/Deanna Wright (I guess they also did a good job with Jade Harlow/Mary Winstead; Danica Stewart's version was trash). I love both versions. I loathed Divins as Chad and I wasn't a Martsolf fan at the time, I much preferred Travis Schuldt. But man, Martsolf has come a very long way. 

Edited by KMan101

• Members

With balance, a new love interest and a little toning down on the anger, I think more fans of the show would be more supportive. It all depends on who joins or replaces Griffith at the top.

I know this may not be popular, but Sally worked wonders on Sharon and Victor.  I think she could definitely turn Adam into a "Likable" rogue.

If they need to keep Kevin--a hate screw with Adam could lead to miles of story

Please register in order to view this content

(Inches? LOL)

• Members

Sally hated the Adam character didn't she lol? Or was that just mal.
I do think Sally will get the HW job again. Her hubby being EP helps.
But if she comes back i would worry about Victorias airtime. lol i remember sally have her 4 days a week of screentime.

Edited by AdamNewmanFan