Sign in to follow this  
AdamNewmanFan

What recast of any character has been your favorite?

8 minutes ago, Donna B said:

And, I mean, all those Tom Hugheses!

I only remember ATWT from like ‘88 at the earliest so Scott Holmes was always Tom to me. At least Justin Deas and Gregg Marx both distinguished themselves in the role and won Emmys for it (when that meant something).

I barely remember any of the Chrises. Good-looking guys, all of them, but those are a dime a dozen in this world.

13 minutes ago, Faulkner said:

I only remember ATWT from like ‘88 at the earliest so Scott Holmes was always Tom to me. At least Justin Deas and Gregg Marx both distinguished themselves in the role and won Emmys for it (when that meant something).

I barely remember any of the Chrises. Good-looking guys, all of them, but those are a dime a dozen in this world.

I remember Chrises at the end but I remember Toms from way back!

1 hour ago, denzo30 said:

Titan you pretty much took the words out of my mouth.  I watched DOOL, AW and GH.  I never watched GH prior to the early 80's and remember people talking about the actress that played Heather or Laura or Rick.  You never saw a recast on GH from like 1981- 1990 unless it was a child actor who had grown up and show years later and that is normal.    I remember when Christine Jones filled in for Jane Elliot as Tracy Quatermaine and that was the first time I ever heard an intro to a character playing somone else in the 9 years I had been watching the show.  DOOL never recasted either at that time except when minor characters were created.  I believe Kayla and Caroline Brady were seen in a few episodes with different actresses playing them but they were so minor they never even announced they were being recasted.  AW never stopped recasting.  Sallly Frame had dark hair and eyes one day and the next she was blonde and blue and a completely different person.  AW is still my favorite and they were not much different than most Soaps with recasting but I do remember that GH and DOOL never did until after the 90's.  I do also remember I think from like 1987- 1989 the only recast I saw on AW was Anna Stuart returning as Donna Love.  Very unusual for AW as there was constant recasting with characters.  

I believe Catherine Mary Stewart played the role of Kayla for nearly 2 years. As I recall, she had a romance with Chris Kostichek.

Poor Chris Kositchek never did enjoy the kind of once-in-a-lifetime supercouple pairing that others on DAYS did back in the '80s.

22 hours ago, robbwolff said:

I believe Catherine Mary Stewart played the role of Kayla for nearly 2 years. As I recall, she had a romance with Chris Kostichek.

I guess I am wrong then.  

On 10/1/2019 at 8:38 PM, robbwolff said:

Didn’t Catherine Mary’s Kayla launch the Brady/Horton pairings when she dated David?

Seems to me that w ith 13 Tom Hugheses to choose from Tom Hughes has got a leg up. But then, I'd reach for the dual roles, too. Ellen Wheeler and Anne Heche definitely. And, David Canary's preformance as Adam & Stuart i so nuanced that it's no wonder he had a stack of Emmys!

Edited by Donna B
left one out

On 10/1/2019 at 8:38 PM, robbwolff said:

And now "Chris Kositchek" (Josh Taylor) plays Kayla's brother. Thank God CMS isn't still playing Kayla! It'd be too squicky.

2 hours ago, Wendy said:

And now "Chris Kositchek" (Josh Taylor) plays Kayla's brother. Thank God CMS isn't still playing Kayla! It'd be too squicky.

I still think of him as Chris - not roman.