What recast of any character has been your favorite?

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Bite. Your. Tongue.

If the choice is between him again or another hack who could drive up the ratings at the expense of (what little remains of) Y&R's integrity, or maintaining the status quo, I'm afraid I'll have to go with the status quo.  Griffith's writing is watching-paint-dry boring, but at least he isn't trying to remake Y&R into "Melrose Place" or "Models, Inc."

• Members

I still think Janice Ferri Esser and/or Natalie Minardi Slater should be given an opportunity to turn this show around.  The two have been with Y&R since before Bill Bell had retired.  Ergo, they're at least familiar with the classic Y&R storytelling formula.

I'm not saying the two would be a guaranteed home-run in the HW'ing chair -- only time would tell on that front -- but, at this point, what does Y&R really have to lose?  I mean, my God!  Even "Saved by the Bell" would have done a better job handling Theo and Kyle's big secret!

Edited by Khan

• Members

Ellen Parker, Guiding Light.  Peter Simon Guiding Light.  Ron Raines Guiding Light.  All the Margo’s - World Turns.  The Toms - World Turns - barely remember Justin Deas as Tom.  Would never have thought that.  Beth Chamberlain GL.  Won’t be popular as I loved Beverlee McKinsey as Alexandra - GL but Marj Dusay grew on me.  Joan Collins brief stint was good too.  For recasts - no one replaced Brian Buffington as little Billy - GL in my heart.  He looked like Billy Lewis (Jordan Clark).   Take it back about the Margo’s - there was one who was horrible, maybe someone can remind me. Didn’t last long. 

Edited by Fevuh

• Members

AMC

Cornelius Smith Jr (Frankie)

Alicia Minshew(Kendall)

Robert Scott Wilson (Pete)

Sal Stowers(Cassandra)

ATWT

Lindsay Frost(Betsy)

DAYS

Victoria Konefal(Ciara)

Robert Kelker-Kelly(Bo)

Martha Madison(Belle)

Brandon Beemer(Shawn)

Marci Miller(Abigail)

GH

Emme Rylan(Lulu)

Jen Lilley(ex-Maxie) -- If Kirsten Storms ever leaves, GH should get Lilley back.

Greg Vaughan (ex-Lucky)

Nick Stabile (ex-Nikolas),  I think GH should've put him on contract instead of have him temp, and should bring back him back.

ONE LIFE

Robin Stasser(Dorian)

Erika Slezak(Viki)

Karen Witter(ex-Tina)

Holly Gagnier(ex-Cassie)

Laura Bonarrigo Koffman(ex-Cassie)

Nathan Fillion (ex-Joey)

Tom Degnan(ex-Joey)

Dan Gauthier(ex-Kevin)

Kevin Stapleton (ex-Kevin)

Heather Tom (ex-Kelly)

Kassie DePaiva(Blair), made the character her own, even though crazy recast after Mia Korf

Robert Gorrie(Matthew), if ONE LIFE were to be rebooted, I'd want him back. 

Y&R

Peter Bergman(Jack)

Jess Walton(Jill)

Justin Hartley(ex-Adam)

Mark Grossman(Adam)

Davetta Sherwood (ex-Lily), she should be brought back now that Christel Khalil has no interest being on contract. 

Gina Tognoni (ex-Phyllis)

Edited by David_Vickers

• Members

I really did like Karen Witter as Tina on OLTL.  I wish she had ended up on another soap, or stayed as Tina.

I didn’t start watching ATWT until the late 1990’s, so I missed a lot of great stuff that YouTube has thankfully been there to show me.  I think that HBS is my favorite Margo, and Gregg Marx is my favorite Tom.  I only knew her as Nora.  Seeing her work as Margo makes me appreciate her even more as an actress.  I also prefer Ellen Parker as Maureen.  Dolan is a good actress though, just not my favorite in either role.

• Members

Some good ATWT recasts:

I know Julianne Moore is well-loved for her Emmy-winning Frannie Hughes, but I really like her replacement Mary Ellen Stuart, who had a real natural quality and blended in with her castmates well.

I never cared for Shawn Christian's Mike Kasnoff, so it'll be no surprise that I preferred Mark Collier. Neither will ever win an Oscar, but Collier never hammed it up, played the role as it should be...underplayed.

Of the adult Paul Ryans, Scott Holroyd was unquestionably the best. He nailed the blance of playing the Son of Satan with a conscience. How they could replace him with that scenery-chewing one-note Howarth is beyond me. 

• Members

One of the least necessary recasts in the history of soaps. I partially blame Goutman's obsession with the character of Rose. For all of Sheffer's talk about the male's lack of dicks....his version of Paul had none thanks to Rose.